Sign in to follow this  

Dirt bike in a super crew?

Has anyone carried a full size dirt bike in the back of a Ford F150 super crew I am seriously looking at one and a trailer is not an option for me but need to know if I can carry my bike without issues? Thanks.

I have a Tacoma with reg bed and can carry 1 full size bike with the tailgate up if its angled.

I can carry 2 full size bikes with the tailgate down.

I can't carry 2 full size bikes with the tailgate up.

Hope this helps:thumbsup:

I have a Ford crewcab and its no prob --- i dont close the tailgate but i secure all my gear in the bed with bungees or more tiedowns as needed.

I carry 2 bikes pretty regularly - fuel cans, ramp and gear bags easilly go either between or on wither side of the bikes --- but if i think its going to rain, i carry the gear bags in the back seat of the truck. Mytool box also stays in the cab as i dont want tools walking off while i am out riding

I have always wanted ne of those bed extenders that folds out into a ramp --- that would be nice

I have put one in the back of a F150 Supercrew as well. We have a tool box in the bed and the bike will fit no problem with the tailgate down. Without the tool box, the bike would fit without having to leave the tailgate down.

Late to this party, but:

77200723.jpg

(F150 supercrew - but I have the bed extender, as you can see. It would fit with the tailgate up if put in at an angle..)

We've carried 2 bikes this way, but I've since picked up a (5x8) trailer..

..a

I carry my 250X, sons RM65, tools, cooler, etc in my Supercrew with the tailgate up.

While I haven't tried it myself, I have a good friend that has hauled two full size bikes in one with the tailgate up by leaning them away from each other.

I've been successfully using a supercrew for 8 years and it's been an ok compromise; family interior room, low cost for a crewcab, plentiful parts and knowledge base, and easy to drive around town. I haul a small travel trailer a few times a year with 2 bikes in the back with the tailgate off and rear wheels on the bumper. Or, haul 1 full-size bike corner to corner and a 50 with the gate closed.

The newer shorty crewcabs with square beds are easier to deal with than the earlier triangle shaped beds of the 2001-2004 (?) supercrews.

I had a crew cab Titan with the 5.5 or 6ft bed (the really short one, I forget) and I could get my KX250F and my sons XR70 in the bed with the tailgate up or 2 full size bikes and a XR70 with the tailgate down....I had a short bed, crew cab silverado and I managed a KTM 400, CR85 and Ninja 250 all at the same time somehow lol

there is a real easy way to get an answer. measure your bike, then you will know what length of bed to look for. You can get three across in a full size bed if you pack them tight.

The bed extender is great, though. I use it all the time for other stuff besides the bikes. As a side note, however, I also transport one of my street bikes up there now and then as well..

..a

F150 super crew with 2 bikes (250 and 450f), 2 stands, ramps and all gear in the bed every weekend, often times 3 bikes with center bike facing the rear. Gear and stands were taken out as I was about to remove the bikes.

872976696_photobucket_63026_.jpg

872976696_photobucket_63022_.jpg

One bike will fit diagonal with the tail gate closed...

IMG_0196.jpg