KABOOM this wont help resale value. four stroke.

That was funny until I realized I have a few 4 strokes in my garage that could do this at any moment.?

LOL same here. That bike was chattering bad from the start though, probably shouldn't have been riding that thing. Surely they didn't think that was normal, almost seems set-up.

That was funny until I realized I have a few 4 strokes in my garage that could do this at any moment.?

My first reaction was to start laughing as well until I realized how much damage there was and the amount of money that will be flying out of the dude's wallet, that's just messed up...

LOL same here. That bike was chattering bad from the start though, probably shouldn't have been riding that thing. Surely they didn't think that was normal, almost seems set-up.

I'm thinking the exact same thing. IMHO, it doesn't matter what type of motor it is. If you beat on it, and don't do preventative maintenance, this is what will happen. I'm betting this was staged. No less morbidly impressive, but still.

The rod snapped right? The exact same thing can happen to a 2 stroke. I've seen them go, they aren't as theatrical, but they still go. The hatred for the modern 4 stroke is really misplaced.

Before anyone thinks I'm starting a stroke war, calm down. I've got a KX 80 in the garage beside my 450, and it's an absolute blast to ride. I like 2 strokes too, just tired of hearing "4 strokes are really expensive grenades with wheels"

Y'know what costs just about the same for 2 strokes and 4 strokes? Fresh gas, good oil, clean air filters, and a manual. Keep those in check, and this scenario will very likely never happen to you.

• Like 1

I don't believe this was staged. This was supposed to be a part of the Derek Andersen video before this one. I'm pretty sure he's got dealer backing as well, so it probably won't be coming completely out of his wallet.

The hatred for the modern 4 stroke is really misplaced.

no it's not, not even close

Before anyone thinks I'm starting a stroke war, calm down.

lol you did exactly that, made the thread about 2 vs 4, and they put that cop out in, I find that humorous