Sign in to follow this  

I broke stuff, now I have to buy new stuff...

So unfortunately I had a run-in with the pavement, lowsided in a roundabout and broke both stock mirrors, bent the clutch lever and broke my kickstand.

What is the best replacement mirrors that wont break the bank, and also where can I find a kickstand? I have 17" wheels on my bike so the kickstand had to be cut and re-welded so the bike could have some lean when it was parked. I saw that some of the sportbikes aftermarket kickstands are adjustable and was wondering if anybody knew where I could find one for '04 xr650l, or just a cheap kickstand in general.

thanks guys!

OEM mirrors are usually the highest quality. It doesn't have to even be a Honda mirror. Just any good looking OEM mirror from a dualsport bike would be a good option. Stock mirrors are plain but work well.

I do suppose I could just get the kickstand re-welded, I just looked on denniskirk and there seems to be a lot of different options for mirrors. Are most all of the mirrors that have to be threaded in the same for every bike?

These are the mirrors that I have. You can fold them out of the way when you get to the dirt to protect them. They work as well as any other mirrors that I've used.

Aluminum hand guards, like the Cycra guards on my bike, prevent breaking levers.

OEM mirrors are usually the highest quality. It doesn't have to even be a Honda mirror. Just any good looking OEM mirror from a dualsport bike would be a good option. Stock mirrors are plain but work well.

:lol: to the oem mirrors

My XR6 had no kickstand when I got it, but the piece with the bolt that holds it on the bike, was still there.

14" jack handle for a 2.5 ton jack, welded to the piece with the bolt, is a perfect fit. A flat piece of stock welded on the end & bent in the vice so as to be flat on the ground when bike is leaning on it.

took a spring from an old lawn tractor, welded a screw about center of kickstand, & if you didn't know it was broke when I got it, its hard to tell it apart from a factory set up.