Sign in to follow this  

02 cr question

Ok guys maybe someoe could help me out here. I have an 02 cr250 just completely rebuilt bottom up with a FMF fatty and shorty exhaust. I was out riding today and went down in a bowl corner broke my clutch lever so my day was done. When i got up i notice that when turning right it was tougher to get turned. When i got back to my pit i noticed my front fender was hitting the exhaust !?! Now im not 100% positive but i didnt think it hit before. it was just a tip over and nothing else is damaged. I was wondering if anyone else had this problem or is there a possiblity theres something more going on there... I know my forks need to be gone through and rebuilt but..what do you guys think ?

anyone have an idea ? dont have time to go through it right now with work...but pretty sure this shouldnt be happening....

I'm guessing here but...if you crashed on the left side of the bike(clutch lever) then maybe you bent the pipe up a bit and now your fender hits the pipe when you turn right--which would cause the rear of the fender to be on the left side of the bike.

Either fender or pipe is tweaked--my guess is the pipe. Unless something crazy happened like triple clamps broke or something but highly doubt that.

I'll bet there is a dent or something in pipe on the bottom where it landed and pushed it up or out a bit. IMO

Sounds like you bent your pipe. Check it out and make sure that it can't be re-mounted before you buy another one though. I've seen them just kinda twisted out of position before, but usually when they hit the fender they were bent.

thats what i was afraid of...man i hope not...i just got that pipe an it was such a slow corner....thanks guys