Sign in to follow this  

ktm 300 anyone got one?

anyone got a 300 and how noisy is it when running? also does it vibrate alot when running?

yes it vibrates, it noisy compared to some things and not to noisy compared to other things, like a 450 thumper. Its music to the ears on the pipe imo

oh right. its just seems so noisy from engine when running. my kickstart sound knackered when kicking but i had the engine off and put it in gear and the noisy kickstart noise is there when engine rotates aswell. is this a bearing or something

I have a 2000 300exc. It’s quieter than all MX 4 strokes. No it’s not "quiet" but it’s not "loud" either. I'm running the OEM spark arrester, to me its quiet.

As far as vibration, sure it vibrates, it’s a large 2 stroke engine. To minimize the vibs, replace then pipe springs as old springs can cause a lot of vibs, add rubber to handle bar mounts and skid plates, and use quality grips.

I really don't notice the vibs, its just part of the riding experience :lol:

Edited by eprovenzano

dont worry about teh vibrations, its not too bad.... dont discount a bike because it vibrates a little, you buy a 300 because they are bonkers fast, light, and very torquey for a 2t :lol:

anyone got a 300 and how noisy is it when running? also does it vibrate alot when running?

Yes and it is noisy when running. Yes, it does vibrate alot when running. I get worried if it doesn't make noise when it's suppose to be running. First sign something is wrong, silence.

ktm 300 anyone got one?

Haha! It's their best selling model and you're asking this on a KTM forum.:lol:

oh right. its just seems so noisy from engine when running. my kickstart sound knackered when kicking but i had the engine off and put it in gear and the noisy kickstart noise is there when engine rotates aswell. is this a bearing or something

If you're used to hearing a four stroke motor, the two stroke will sound a bit strange especially before it's properly warmed up. After it's warmed up. when under a load it should sound smooth - like a higher pitched purr compared to a four stroke. They do vibrate more than a four stroke, but when you're riding a 300 on the trail, the vibration is a non issue.

I was once riding with a guy on a KTM 525 and he was complaining all day of how much his bike vibrated. :)

After listening to him gripe the 100th time................... I said, "Sure, try mine!" He rode it for 10 minutes.

After that he never said another word about vibration. :lol:

P.S. My bike felt about 100 lbs lighter than his. He could pull hills at 2 mph though. :banghead:

The reason for asking like i did is sometimes depending on how you write your thread can depend on replys. At least i got the helpful replys i needed. Cherrs all who helped.

Yes and it is noisy when running. Yes, it does vibrate alot when running. I get worried if it doesn't make noise when it's suppose to be running. First sign something is wrong, silence.

I own a 1990 250 DXC. It doesn't seem to vibrate at all...after I take a spin on my '76 IT400 Yamaha. Boils down to YOUR personal experience. Good luck with bike...Be safe!

I've got a 09 300xcw and I was riding a XR650L. I didn't notice any real difference in vibration in the handlebars, but do notice it in the pegs. If I stand for a while, my feet get tingly. I also notice tingles in my hands when standing, not so much when I'm sitting, probably due to not holding on as tightly as when standing.

As for noise, I had a FMF Q4 on the XR and a harparts SA on the 300, I don't think the 300 is louder than the XR while on the trail and it's definately not as loud as the XR when on the pipe.

The biggest difference for me was weight. I can ride the same trails and not feel anywhere near as spent as I did on the XR. The 300 takes much less effort to ride.

When I used to ride a thumper, my friends could always hear me, but now, they cant hear me at all on the 300 and I am not lugging it either.