Sign in to follow this  

Which memory card?

I just ordered a ContourGPS camera and I'm wondering what card to get. I'm looking at best bang for the buck scenario so it doesn't have to be the latest and greatest as long as it gets optimal results. I'm seeing anything from a class 2 all the way up to a class 10. people seem to be getting good results with class 4 and up.

So whats the best way to go people?

Ended up ordering a 32GB class 4 from Amazon. Hopefully it gets before the camera does!

Thanks for all your input everyone!

C4's enough.

The "Class" is the speed in MB/sec that the memory can be written to. Lower class means lower speeds, can be problematic if the device can't write to the card fast enough (that's called a "Buffer Overrun" and results in lost data).

I have a 16GB C4 in mine. Never had an issue with it. I'd strongly recommend moving the files from the card to the computer before you do any editing with them though. Video gets choppy with the I/O speed of the card and USB.

I'd also recommend a 2nd battery for it. One battery gets me through half a day of riding (mostly snowmobiling), so two batteries will do me for a day. The 16GB card can hold two batteries worth of video.

Recently picked up some low-profile mounts for my helmets. So far they're working well... the VHB adhesive they use on there isn't going to come off. I still recommend an alternative method of securing the camera though.

Sits nice and tight against the helmet

DSC08564.jpg

Looped the leash around the cheek pad button. Label has name/email/phone number; I also have an "OWNER.TXT" file with the same information on the memory card. Could be its ticket home should I ever lose it.

DSC08567.jpg