'02 cr 250 air fuel mixture

hey guys, my '02 cr 250 is having an issue. the bike is running too rich. i took my spark plug out today and it was black and smelt like straight gas. I ended up getting 2 new plugs, ngk was the make.

was just wondering how to adjust the air fuel mixture simply.

also i watched this youtube video and the guy said he was goin to turn the screw out 2 turns and it looked like to me he only turned it a half-turn. so now im just wondering what really is a turn? is it for example with a flathead screwdriver from 1 flat side to the other...is that 1 turn or do you want to turn it until the original flat side that you started on if facing up?

this is the youtube video:

!

hey guys, my '02 cr 250 is having an issue. the bike is running too rich. i took my spark plug out today and it was black and smelt like straight gas. I ended up getting 2 new plugs, ngk was the make.

was just wondering how to adjust the air fuel mixture simply.

also i watched this youtube video and the guy said he was goin to turn the screw out 2 turns and it looked like to me he only turned it a half-turn. so now im just wondering what really is a turn? is it for example with a flathead screwdriver from 1 flat side to the other...is that 1 turn or do you want to turn it until the original flat side that you started on if facing up?

this is the youtube video:

!

Make life easier for yourself. Don't spend any time/money fooling with the stock carb. Buy a JD jetted Air Striker. Quicker, easier, cheaper in the long run.

The stock carb can be jetted to run very well but it's almost, if not completely, impossible to keep it running well without constantly re-jetting and fiddling with the air screw and/or needle depending on the air temperature. I have an '02 and an '03. Been there done that. The JD kit makes it easier / better but I was still always fiddling with the things trying to keep the jetting just right. Bought Air Strikers from JD Jetting, pitched the Mikuni carbs, and never looked back. I've kicked myself several times for not doing it sooner.

Edited by David_L6