Sign in to follow this  

honda cylinder back order update

I just got off the phone with a honda rep. My 2001 cr 250 cylinder has been on back order for sometime. Now its confermed They are ready to ship. 60 are being shipped from Japan and will be at honda on December 22. So hopefully I get mine by 1st week of January. So there you have it.

hi just out of intrest lol but what was the reason in buying a new one, surely it would of been cheaper geting a used 1 and re-worked and alot quicker...

Well, I was working out of town all summer long only home on weekends. My bike broke down I sent it to my Honda dealer to be repared. I told him to just fix it I didnt have time. Now all the parts are together Just waiting on Cylinder. I wish I would of just sleaved it. It was a big mess.

yeah that would of been the best idea, i just had my cr 125 cylinder sleeved 2 week ago and with a 1 week turn around here in the uk and £125 cost of the service i dont think it could get any better

then as its sleeved you get 3-4 re-bore at £20 each loads more cost effective, never had any problems with sleeving and every mx cylinder iv ever used and worn out iv had a sleeve fitted, most people hate sleeves for some reason god nos why?? iv run both and never noticed any difference, if you warm both up correctly and run them in there just as good. all engines used to be sleeved one point ,platings just a new fangle dangle progresion in technology lol

what was the cost of the new jug for you then?

our local mx shop has all brands of re-con cylinders on the shelf just take your worn out bare barrel in and give them £112 and you get one good as new ,excellent idea and really speeds things up

yeah that would of been the best idea, i just had my cr 125 cylinder sleeved 2 week ago and with a 1 week turn around here in the uk and £125 cost of the service i dont think it could get any better

then as its sleeved you get 3-4 re-bore at £20 each loads more cost effective, never had any problems with sleeving and every mx cylinder iv ever used and worn out iv had a sleeve fitted, most people hate sleeves for some reason god nos why?? iv run both and never noticed any difference, if you warm both up correctly and run them in there just as good. all engines used to be sleeved one point ,platings just a new fangle dangle progresion in technology lol

what was the cost of the new jug for you then?

our local mx shop has all brands of re-con cylinders on the shelf just take your worn out bare barrel in and give them £112 and you get one good as new ,excellent idea and really speeds things up

Here's some fun reading on cylinder sleeving.

http://www.thumpertalk.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1014785&highlight=

To OP, just sent it to Millennium Technologies. $250 or less and you're better than new. :bonk: