Sign in to follow this  

any problems on your 2011 ktm 250sxf?

I can get a deal on either a ktm 250sxf or 2011 kx250f. Ive already gotten opinions on the kawi on their forum so i would like to hear about the ktm 250, any problems?(tranny is what scared me off the zook). Ive heard of something with the efi? hows the handling? Ive never owned a ktm so may be completely different for me. Im going to the dealer this week to check out both and see which one is more comfortable for me.

I have a 2011 250 sx-f w BB kit. Love it.

I am coming off of a Kawi 250 f which I had no issues with, but wanted a KTM (again).

Easier to work on, better clutch (IMO). Handling, I forgot how my Kawi handled....

Keep clean ethanol free gas in her, do a few mods and you wil be hooked!

does ktm stand behind there product? Because ive also been hearing about something with there efi

also would it be ok to buy used if the bike looks in good condition, or is it to big of a gamble?

What are the issues with the EFI? I too am trying to decide between the 300 XCW and the 250 XCF-W. 2 vs 4 stroke is hard for me to decide on. Pulling up to a gas station and filling her up w/o hauling oil is nice but EVERYONE that owns a 300XCW loves it.

Love to hear about the EFI...

I read somewhere the efi is the same keihin system used on kawis.

Any second hand bike is a gamble.

I was in a similar situation recently and was deciding between 12 250 kxf and sxf . Obviously i went the sxf and im happy as. What tipped me over was parts ,push button start, super light clutch, killer brakes billet hubs/clamps good grips and tyres straight off the shelf. Now owning it had a chance to go over it and im really happy. There are lots of little things like billit radiator mounts , seats only one bolt. Dont need any tools to open the air box and get filter , has oil filter screens. there are heaps of things that make me glad i took the leap a got the kato

I like the way my newer KTM handles over my older KX-f.

I think all the efi issues are from ethanol in fuel, and / or dirt (Of course)

Plenty of other threads on this topic though.

Also it would depend on the dealer. KTM will stand behind their product but it starts with the dealer.

Good choice either way, I would lean O R A N G E . :lol:

I like the way my newer KTM handles over my older KX-f.

I think all the efi issues are from ethanol in fuel, and / or dirt (Of course)

Plenty of other threads on this topic though.

Also it would depend on the dealer. KTM will stand behind their product but it starts with the dealer.

Good choice either way, I would lean O R A N G E . :lol:

Very cool, ya i was leaning rmz for a while but heard of their trannys not being so good, then kawasaki but heard their handling wasnt great, finally i read the mxa test and saw that the orange bike came out as the second best handling bike. Plus the only issue ive read on here was the efi which i plan to buy one of those sock things to make sure no dirt gets in