Sign in to follow this  

2012 MXA 250 Shootout...

I think the yamaha should have won, it was good or great at everything unlike the other bikes.

Yeah the Yami seems like a pretty rell rounded and solid machine. Just the motor held it back you know, which is very important in the 250f world.

Oh, they're only looking at 4-stroke 250's? who the hell cares?

I think the results would be different in the real 250 shootout. :lol:

Yeah the Yami seems like a pretty rell rounded and solid machine. Just the motor held it back you know, which is very important in the 250f world.

I agree! If you looked at the results of individual categories, the yamaha did really well were as the Kawi did great in the motor and lacked everywhere else. I guess thats the way it rolls.

I agree! If you looked at the results of individual categories, the yamaha did really well were as the Kawi did great in the motor and lacked everywhere else. I guess thats the way it rolls.

Well hell I'd pick the Yami over the Kawi. Its got the best suspension which is IMO way more important. I can always do something to get more horsepower out of the motor. Plus it's got better handling and reliability.

Well hell I'd pick the Yami over the Kawi. Its got the best suspension which is IMO way more important. I can always do something to get more horsepower out of the motor. Plus it's got better handling and reliability.

Not to argue but its usually easier and cheaper to get suspension to work better for the rider than to get more reliable horsepower out of a stock 250f. Without just moving it around that is.

Me too!

If i had to buy a new 250f now it would be a yz 250f. For one its reliable, tow it looks badass, lol. And suspension is suposedly pretty good, ive got the 2005 stuff and its great, so i can imagine that the 06 stuff is even better. I think they can get some reliable power from the yz250f too, starting with a pipe

• Like 1

I would think a good handling chassis would be number one (suzuki) You can always do brakes, motors, suspension, but frame geometry and natural traits can be tuned very little. I dont ride anything to its limits so it doesnt really matter to me. These days they are all crazy good. Pick your favorite color!

Honestly, in this day and age, I don't think you could go wrong with any of the bikes. They are so close these days compared to bikes ten years ago.

Honestly, in this day and age, I don't think you could go wrong with any of the bikes. They are so close these days compared to bikes ten years ago.

What were the "better" bikes ten years ago?

Take the CR125 and the YZ125 from 2002 for example. The CR125 was SLOW while the YZ125 was a great bike. You could also look at the KX250 and the YZ250 as well.

Take the CR125 and the YZ125 from 2002 for example. The CR125 was SLOW while the YZ125 was a great bike. You could also look at the KX250 and the YZ250 as well.

Yeah.

They should test all 250's as these reviews are meant for amateurs. Which can ride 250 2 strokes and 4 strokes in the 250 class.

^And they should include the commonly available 125 and 150 2strokes. Why pick only some of the bikes in a class to test?

why'd the ktm come in last? Last year it came in 3rd i believe, I dont go by what shootouts say anymore, these guys are probably way faster than me and i probably wont be able to use all 39 hp of the kawi. Last year they said the ktm was second best in handling which would be pretty important to me.