Bucket List - what's on yours?

Well im 17, So i have a LONG ASS BUCKET LIST, haha, but my number one is to know how to work on any dirt related motorcycle, and to know all there is to know about them and basically make it my life, so we'll see how that goes.:bonk:

No time like the present to get started on that list! I began working on my own bikes out of necessity, but then again, back then everything was a 2-stroke! Much fewer moving parts!

I have decided that I will not die without having raced a hare scramble...I'll be over 40 when it happens but its the only thing (realistic) left on the bucket list.

Congratulations on getting your list nearly complete. As for that last item, the hare scramble, I wish you well and good luck once you do line up for that race!!

Great thread...baja and rving to riding spots is on the top of my list.

As for the nearer more realistic future I've got a bunch..

Frame up resto and street plate for my yz, bb and suspension for the drz, buy and build a 2t cafe racer, buy and build a sportster into a bobber and actually keep it this time.

I hope to get the Baja ride [tour not race] done within the next couple of years. Definitely need a helmet cam to capture the moment(s) and bring back all my stories. Once it happens, I'll be sure to share the adventure.

I hope to get the Baja ride [tour not race] done within the next couple of years. Definitely need a helmet cam to capture the moment(s) and bring back all my stories. Once it happens, I'll be sure to share the adventure.

I too have been fascinated by Baja since I first saw the movie OAS many moons ago and it is on my to do list as well.

What's on your bucket list and have you been able to check anything off?

All but one, of my bucket list items have been completed, I've ridden a lot in my day. Road bikes as well as dirt, dirt is so much more enjoyable.

Last one. Ride the mountains every summer till I absolutely cannot ride any more. Then I'll be done. :bonk:

Sorry if i stepped on your post but i am just starting to use this forum.

I have a 98 Dr 650 es . It has been setting for several months. I charged it and then tried to start it. It almost started a couple of times...then click

Everything blacked out. The nuetral light came on and then in about 30 seconds the lights came on. When I hit the sart button again ...black out.

It seems to reset but it seems like a short. Anyone have any ideas . I have checked the 30 amp fuse and 2 10 amps...all ok.

Help appreciated

I'm 60 years old, been riding at least 45 years. Been to Sturgis, toured the Alps, ridden trials, always work on my own bikes, played in the dunes, ridden many miles, woods and street, drove sprint cars...I just want to keep on going and do it all again!!?:bonk:

• Like 2

I'm 28 so I'd like to race at least one time. And I'd like to ride the dunes once. And there are a whole lot more non dirt bike related.

Make a trip to Wheeler, WI in the spring. It's all sand and it's all amazing. The mini track gets you a feel and is really fun. The mototrack is fun and there are a lot of doable jumps. My favorite though is the GP track. It is insanely fun.

http://www.wheelermx.com/

I didn't even know that one could ride off-road in Hawaii (not sure why I didn't know it), but then saw a picture of RC and Jeff Emig riding in Hawaii and bam! How awesome would that be? Add 1 to my list!

Just moved back to NC from Hawaii and man is Kahuku awesome. The trails can be crazy hard, wouldnt trade it for the world. Its on my bucket list to go back.

Backflip a dirtbike. The window is closing real quick on that one.

Ironman Baja (start with the 250, possibly the 500 after that)

Win a race in the A class. Damn, these guys are way too fast and care too much!

Get on the podium in EX next year in the Vet class.

Erzberg, qualify for the scrambles.

Most important: never stop finishing each ride or race with a smile!

back flip. can back flip a bmx, can back flip just by jumping, i can backflip any just dont have the courage to back flip a 100kg mx bike. espicialy since i dont have a access to a foam pit so i have to go straight to dirt which means the jump would have to be pretty

my dad has always had bike but never raced. just rode around the farm and the bush. he always went a watched the races he even went to the 1992 mxon when it came near us to manjimup. bikes went away as the family came but then when i started racing dad thought he was to old. finaly after two seasons i convinced him to do the last race of the season on my old 250f. he hasnt stopped riding since and is super pumped for next season. he is 49. your never to old

?

I've ridden a CR500 (and a YZ490!) Oh, how the years quickly pass!

I remember waaayyyyyy back racing my KTM495. Funny, it was all Jap bikes then me and one other guy on a Ktm and one guy on a Husky and a Maico.

Wow!:bonk: how's that for being dated:lol:

Funny thing I have done what I set out to do. and now have to come up with more things to do.

Would like to say I rode to prudoe bay. Maybe do the barstow to vegas, the great western trail. And back to Moab

my dad has always had bike but never raced. just rode around the farm and the bush. he always went a watched the races he even went to the 1992 mxon when it came near us to manjimup. bikes went away as the family came but then when i started racing dad thought he was to old. finaly after two seasons i convinced him to do the last race of the season on my old 250f. he hasnt stopped riding since and is super pumped for next season. he is 49. your never to old

49!...... 49!....... you are killin me. 49 isn't old, it's a good starting point.

Check out my videos on youtube "desert 100 Ricks helmet cam" then you can see My Virginia city grand prix video from last year. It was two weeks after my 49th bday. Doing it agin this year I'll be fifty:p get out there and ride.

It has been noted that most people regret not having done something. More than they regret their mistakes.

Enjoy the ride:banana: