Sign in to follow this  

2012 and i need a pipe

I have an FMF 4.1 RCT - Stainless/Aluminum and stainless Megabomb header - Combo with taxes (and holiday sales) was just a bit over $600. I seriously considered the Akropovic Evo, also in stainless steel, since I prefer the durability over the pound and half weight saving.

I have my first race with the exhaust system and a 14.5:1 Wiseco Piston planned this weekend... I'll leave you a ride report after the race - If it doesn't get postponed due to sub-freezing weather.

just picked up a 2012 looking to get a pipe i like the yoshi pc and the fmf and suggestions?

fmf 100%

I am going to mention a Bill's Pipe's exhaust, I asked him about the 2011 crf25-R he is aware about the bottom end power seems weak due to the 50mm TB, he says they have an exhaust for the crf250r that will help bottom end. If anyone is interested look under Bill's Pipe's, they are have a promotion till the end of the year and I am tempting to try one, only thing is the cold weather is setting in, so it will be awhile before I can try it out. they are offering a complete exhaust for the CRF250R for $370.00 plus shipping

Chet

I am going to mention a Bill's Pipe's exhaust, I asked him about the 2011 crf25-R he is aware about the bottom end power seems weak due to the 50mm TB, he says they have an exhaust for the crf250r that will help bottom end. If anyone is interested look under Bill's Pipe's, they are have a promotion till the end of the year and I am tempting to try one, only thing is the cold weather is setting in, so it will be awhile before I can try it out. they are offering a complete exhaust for the CRF250R for $370.00 plus shipping

Chet

I will say that he knows his stuff. MRD is another inexpensive exhaust that will perform as well as the big name companies.

Chet

Glad to hear Bill is still around. I bought many a pipe from him in the 2 stroke days. He did a few motors for me too. When he's in the right mood you can't get him off the phone. He's a great guy.