Sign in to follow this  

rmx 250

hi i have a rmx 250 2000 model and my rear brake master cylinder is all sloppy i was wondering would the rear brake kit you can get of ebay would fix this problem or would i be better off looking for a good 2nd hand one.also what other rear brake system would fit the rmx.thanks

If it is leaking, you can just rebuild it.

I would use OEM parts for this. It's a real easy job.

Is this the kit you are talking about?

Maybe others can comment on this rebuild kit.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/REAR-MASTER-BRAKE-CYLINDER-KIT-SUZUKI-RM125-RM250-89-95-/270537829347?pt=Motorcycles_Parts_Accessories&vxp=mtr&hash=item3efd4fabe3#ht_2742wt_975

hi i have a rmx 250 2000 model and my rear brake master cylinder is all sloppy i was wondering would the rear brake kit you can get of ebay would fix this problem or would i be better off looking for a good 2nd hand one.also what other rear brake system would fit the rmx.thanks

In case you do not already know, the US stopped getting the RMX around '98 and for the US it never really changed. The Aussy's and the rest of the world got an updated RMX in '97. Which simply means that if you really have a 2000 model year RMX then you should be looking for parts that would fit a '96 to 2000 RM250.

More directly, if the part that you are looking at on eBay says that it's for an RMX and it's comming from the US there's a very good chance that it will not work. You need to look at the '96 to 2000 model RM250's if you need to cross reference a part.

thanks heaps for your replys guys that has put me on the right track.and yes those are the rear brake rebuilding kit i was talking about

when you grab the rear master cylinder you can move the whole thing a lot from side to side.hopefully the rebuilt kit will fix this

im guessing you mean the caliper, as the master cylinder has no means of moving unless bolt holes are worn or loose