2 stroke blown up?

Im not sure exactly what is wrong with my friends bike so i figured id ask everyones opinion before tearing it apart, its a 1997 yamaha blaster.

we were riding it around yesterday and it started to sound like it had a bad crank seal so i told him to take it easy for a few more minutes and well put it away and check it when its light out, so he (being an idiot and not listening) starts riding the crap out of it, got it stuck on a log and i had to help him get it off, so when we finally get it off the log, i start to ride it away to park it and it made a loud clunk and a series of small ones as it died, i knew right then and there that this quad is going to need some serious work now. so i kicked it to see if it would still turn over, and it did but with no compression. so we got it to pop start and it wont idle at all and it makes a clunk noise when i let the rpms drop.

My guess is it blew a crank bearing, but how would that cause no compression(like i can put it in 1st on a small slope now and it will start to pop over with just the weight of the quad), could it have burned up the piston? what are your guess's as to whats wrong, before i actually do anything.

Take the head off and see. No compression makes me think it's on the top end, don't know about the noise. If its the piston then a complete top end job will be fairly cheap (compared to a new one at least)

thats what i always thought but that clunking noise though, idk when i tear it apart today ill post whats wrong with it, who knows it could be top and bottom end the thing did seem pretty beat up when he got it only 2 days ago