Rear blinker question

I recently broke off my rear right blinker. The front blinker just stayed on (no blink) when I used the blinker switch. I purchased a new rear blinker and installedit. One red wire and one black wire. The bike had a ground wire.

The new blinker lights up but does not blink. What about the ground wire. Help would be mush appreciated.

Don't know what bike you have but you have two wires on the new indi,,a red ,,a black,,Earth on an XR/XL is dark green,,hook one or other up to that,,try the black first , then hook the red up to the other spare wire,,If it fails to blink swap the wires around to your final option,, Pretty easy indicator wiring,,

Finally managed to sort out the wiring on my batteryed 89 XR/XL bitza,,Problem was the switch which controlled the head/horn/indis being wired up differently than a normal XL and one other wire in the loom I had hooked up the wrong way round,,Praise the lord that is sorted out..,Stripped one of my other bikes wiring down to bare bones to compare the two,,Wouldn't want the bill for that if I was charging myself for the job,,weeks I tell you,,weeks I've been trying to sort that out,,.Now on to this sticking/erratic throttle/carb issue,,more fun.

Edited by Horri

I figured it out. The blinker I broke off was a bulb type...I bought an LED set for $35.00. Tried hooking it up - No blink. I found that you need a "load equalizer" another $10.00. I wasnt sure about the wiring...even with instructions. Went red to red and to one end of the load equalizer. The ground wire to the other side of the load equalizer and the black went straight to the black.

The load equalizer looks like a little ceramic block with wires sticking our of each side. I used one on each side. It worked perfect. Even with a novice like me. BTW, the LED rear turn blinkers are way bright! Love it!