Sign in to follow this  

2000 kx 250

whats going on guys, i had a quick question. how many clicks does the rebound damping adjuster have (top of fork)? just got a 00 kx 250 and cant seem to find where it bottoms out, or atleast where it should lol. thanks

:lol::thinking::)

REB 12 out, range-18

COMP 8 out, range-18

cool so there should be 18 clicks(settings). well the fork seems to bottom out way after that lol. had over 20 clicks, im not forcing it. smh, i hope there isnt anything rong with these forks.. it handled great but i just wanted to put the suspension back to factory and go from there to my liking.

I've heard that you can get a couple more (or less) clicks depending on how the fork was put together. You might want to just service them and see what happens.

I've heard that you can get a couple more (or less) clicks depending on how the fork was put together. You might want to just service them and see what happens.

from what i understand they were allready sprung and revalved for my weight. i would love to service and freshin them up but money is kind of tight at the moment.

My 2000 KX250 does the same thing. I believe that 18 is the max according to the manual. My Compression clicker has the correct amount of positions, but the rebound had like 28. I don't think anything is wrong with it.

My 2000 KX250 does the same thing. I believe that 18 is the max according to the manual. My Compression clicker has the correct amount of positions, but the rebound had like 28. I don't think anything is wrong with it.

I wouldn't say this is wrong in any case. but if these were my forks I would check if the fork cap sits correctly on the damper rod.

if there is a gap - maybe due to a wrong positioned jam nut - it adds clicks to the rebound...

exactly, i had like 28 clicks. i thought it was weird never had that before on any of my bikes. well atleast im not the only one lol:banana:

I wouldn't say this is wrong in any case. but if these were my forks I would check if the fork cap sits correctly on the damper rod.

if there is a gap - maybe due to a wrong positioned jam nut - it adds clicks to the rebound...

so how would i go about doing this? how could i tell if its sitting correctly when i take the fork cap off?? worse case if it does turn out to be a wrong positioned jam nut, what would have to be done to fix this? i never really messed with the suspension internals on any of my bikes so this is new to me. thanks

so how would i go about doing this? how could i tell if its sitting correctly when i take the fork cap off?? worse case if it does turn out to be a wrong positioned jam nut, what would have to be done to fix this? i never really messed with the suspension internals on any of my bikes so this is new to me. thanks

Remove the top cap, then remove the cap from the rod and reinstall per the manual.

PM me your email address