Sign in to follow this  

Oregon Trail Machine Stolen

Keep your eyes open for this piece of equipment :lol:

Tod

++++++++

Hi Everyone,

On the heels of the good news about the arrest of a suspect in last summer’s rash of vehicle break-ins comes terrible news from Barrett Brown about a theft from the Northwest Trail Alliance of their new ST240 single track trail machine, it’s trailer, and several other trail building tools.

The machine was stolen from Stubb Stewart State Park’s maintenance yard after hours on Tuesday, November 29, 2011. The ST240 is a very unusual piece of equipment, there are only a handful of these machines in existence. I’ve attached links to the NWTA forum showing pictures of their machine and trailer as well as links to the company website for more pictures of the machine itself.

http://nw-trail.org/forum/trail-care-trail-building/general/2928

http://singletracktools.com/

If you have any information about the stolen machine, trailer or tools – please contact Joe Rykowski of the Northwest Trail Alliance at 503-877-5637.

Thanks for your help!

Stephanie A. Beall

Recreation Coordinator

Tillamook State Forest

801 Gales Creek Road

Forest Grove, OR 97116

http://www.oregon.gov/ODF/tillamookstateforest

2011-11-30094134-M.jpg

Good luck recovering it. Sounds like it is unique enough to catch someone's attention.

Wow, that sucks. I personally know Barret Brown (the creator of this machine). He has spent years designing and making this machine a reality. Land management agencies have started buying them and putting them to use to help maintain single track trails and our right to ride on them. Its a shame anyone would steal this. I hope they catch the idiot who did this.

All those machines need to have a "Lo Jack" unit on them. Cheap one time cost and its good forever.

That's a good idea :lol:

Hope they find the dirtbags responsible. As a theft victim at Browns last year(A Wednesday, no one around just trying to get seat time) any info on gear/equipment recovered from the thief? Forwarded to everyone I ride with BTW.

All those machines need to have a "Lo Jack" unit on them. Cheap one time cost and its good forever.

Lo Jack isn't what it's cracked up to be, Have Lo Jack on both street bikes, 1 doesn't even register when the bike moves and the other registers with a strong breeze. Have had Lo Jack rep out to the house and he checked the install and said everything is operating as it should, He couldn't explain why one is sensitive and the other is not. Plus there is a class action law suit going on right now against Lo Jack. Hopefully this month I will get my money back for each unit. I wouldn't have been aware of the law suit but a letter came in the mail one day and stated that if we wanted to be part of the law suit to do nothing or respond and opt out. It also stated that the compensation being sought will be the cost of purchase for each unit. 699.00 each

• Like 1

Lo Jack isn't what it's cracked up to be, Have Lo Jack on both street bikes, 1 doesn't even register when the bike moves and the other registers with a strong breeze. Have had Lo Jack rep out to the house and he checked the install and said everything is operating as it should, He couldn't explain why one is sensitive and the other is not. Plus there is a class action law suit going on right now against Lo Jack. Hopefully this month I will get my money back for each unit. I wouldn't have been aware of the law suit but a letter came in the mail one day and stated that if we wanted to be part of the law suit to do nothing or respond and opt out. It also stated that the compensation being sought will be the cost of purchase for each unit. 699.00 each

And then once the lawyers' fees are taken, you should get your check for $5.92 per unit! :lol:

$699! I paid $250. No letter in the mail either for me.

A search showed up no class action suits, except for some techs who didnt get paid travel time driving to install site.

They have "early warning" also, this will notify them if its moving (the stolen equip) if its not authorized. And the contact the owner right away.

$699! I paid $250. No letter in the mail either for me.

A search showed up no class action suits, except for some techs who didnt get paid travel time driving to install site.

They have "early warning" also, this will notify them if its moving (the stolen equip) if its not authorized. And the contact the owner right away.

http://www.morinsettlement.com/