Sign in to follow this  

new acclerator pump spray nozzle

Nice, seems like this style nozzle should have been in use along time ago. Anyway would be interesting to see how much of a difference having equal fuel being put into each runner would make. And what about installation?

Nice, seems like this style nozzle should have been in use along time ago. Anyway would be interesting to see how much of a difference having equal fuel being put into each runner would make. And what about installation?

I have made an inquiry to JD about installation, and will keep us posted.

which kinda brings up the question, if the bike doesnt have a bog issue would there be any advantage to installing one of these?

which kinda brings up the question, if the bike doesnt have a bog issue would there be any advantage to installing one of these?

No. And if you don't have a bog issue, something is wrong! You can't un-cork an X without getting some bog, requiring a smaller leak jet and usually an apump linkage adjustment.

Installation involves splitting the carb body at the middle point. You know, the Allen head screws that everyone tells you to never loosen.

Once the body is split, the nozzle can be removed and the new one pressed in.

Installation involves splitting the carb body at the middle point. You know, the Allen head screws that everyone tells you to never loosen.

Once the body is split, the nozzle can be removed and the new one pressed in.

Oooooh, that sounds like work.

No. And if you don't have a bog issue, something is wrong! You can't un-cork an X without getting some bog, requiring a smaller leak jet and usually an apump linkage adjustment.

Weve been lucky then! On our old 05 the oring mod was done when it was uncorked and rejetted and didnt have to chase down a bogging problem with it.

But still like the looks of this new part and may have to think about installing it at some point.

Thanks you guys for the info on this.:lol:

My 05 with the stock pilot, stock leak and an o-ring on the linkage has no bog and runs great.

JD red on the second clip

So do the dozen or so other 450X's that I have set up for others.

All the 450s I've jetted have never bogged...am I doing something wrong?

• Like 1

My '05 runs great with stock leak and larger pilot plus oring on pump.

Weve been lucky then! On our old 05 the oring mod was done when it was uncorked and rejetted and didnt have to chase down a bogging problem with it.

But still like the looks of this new part and may have to think about installing it at some point.

Thanks you guys for the info on this.:lol:

My 05 with the stock pilot, stock leak and an o-ring on the linkage has no bog and runs great.

JD red on the second clip

So do the dozen or so other 450X's that I have set up for others.

All the 450s I've jetted have never bogged...am I doing something wrong?
My '05 runs great with stock leak and larger pilot plus oring on pump.

Whoa nelli! Just my personal experience with the FCR carb in general, including 450X 250X WR450 WR250.

I think it's great that you didn't get bog. Still don't see how!