Sign in to follow this  

250f to 450f

hello i ride a yam 250f now, im thinking of a kwak 450. i do enjoy the 250s as i enjoy being up and down the box to get the bike working but fancy a 450 has any of you lot made the changed and wished you did your didnt?

they much heavier? to much power to handle ect?

carl

I made the exact change you are thinking about doing, was on Yami 250's since 2006 and went to the 12 KX450. Have about 22 hours on the bike at this point, after getting the suspension redone and figuring out how to actually ride a 450 properly it is starting to make me smile. The weight and handling I noticed right away, the 450 has a monster motor and takes time to stop - swapped to a braided line up front and might cough up the money for an oversize rotor soon. The KX handles well but it is no 250F and never will be, the bigger motor and extra heft want to keep it going straight. It will carve an inside line when needed but I find the point and shoot method a bit easier on it. The 450 gets the nod because you can be much lazier overall, it does not require constant RPM and shifting to make it go. My riding has smoothed out with the KX and it shows in my consistency, the big bike will bite back if you are too aggressive for sure.

Overall I am happy with the change, I will get to try the new 12 Yami 250F soon - friend has one on order.

thank you. this is the thing i dont want a lazy bike i enjoy getting the motor working. i do want a 12 yzf250 but there not coming into the uk. :lol:

i could do with having a go on a 450 .

thanks carl