Sign in to follow this  

klx300 cams

I have a 2001 klx300, i am looking either getting someone to retime he cam or buy one of the newer cams. I found a cam from an 03 on ebay, but im not sure if it is exhaust or intake. I emailed the guy and he said he wasnt sure. Is the intake and exhaust cam the same, or how can you tell if its the exhaust cam.

the guy only has one cam, so he doesn't have anything to compare to. If i could get a measurement of the exhaust cam i could forward it on to him.

The exhaust cam has the ACR mounted on it.

Getting your cam retimed is cheap and you already know the condition of your cam.

Ride on

Brewster

Who does the retiming and how much is it. I can buy the 03 cam for 40 bucks. But im not sure of the exact condition.

It will cost two way shipping to California and a donation towards the purchase of a six pack of good micro brewed beer. I work cheap and have done over 110 of them. Normal turn around is two days.

Ride on

Brewster

silver98mustang - I highly recommend having brewster retime your cam. He did mine earlier this year and all said and done I paid less than 40.00 and his turn around is blazing fast. And as brewster mensioned...you don't know the condition of the 03 cam so you could be out the 40.00 + Shipping if it's history.

I would also be concerned that the seller doesn't know if its an exhaust or intake cam. If you have any knowleage of the KLX cam's it is obvious which one is which, leading me to believe he doesn't know anything about the bike.

Hangplt

Edited by hangplt
spelling

I'm thinking of having my cam retimed too. Are there any good instructions on the net detailing how to remove it? Also, will I need to buy any new parts, like gaskets, etc.?

I'm thinking of having my cam retimed too. Are there any good instructions on the net detailing how to remove it? Also, will I need to buy any new parts, like gaskets, etc.?

http://www.planetklx.org/techtips/acr.html

No new parts needed. You should check the little return spring on the ACR unit. It rubs on the ACR and wears down.

Ride on

Brewster

Brewster did my re-timing last summer. He is great to work with and is very knowledgeable in the Kawasaki world. I would recommend you go this route.