Sign in to follow this  

Best year brakes

But the 07-09 are the same, what is the difference from 10-12? Even the calipers are different from 07-09 and 10-12.

haven't done any research, but would agree with what is posted above. And im actually looking for a used 08front m.c. as my 08crf450 has way better feeling front brakes than my 04 (same pads, same fluid, same rotors).. way better.

My 2011' front brake is terrible. MX action mag doesn't like them either. They claim an oversized rotor stops complaints. Fwiw.

I read it and they say it is because of the guard making the brakes heat up REALLY fast, so it like instant fade. But these brake aren't for a Honda, im converting my Yamaha brakes.

Why not go with an oversized brake rotor kit? You could also look into SS braided lines to reduce compliance (expansion) in the rubber brake hoses.

People say that going with a stock complete Honda set-up is better than big brake and SS on the Yamaha set up. Idk, im not 100% set on a certain thing, but right now putting my options together, im in the process of re-bleeding my brake right now for the 100,000th time, and if I cant get the stock set-up to work good, im just going straight to the Honda set-up.

Before going with a Honda setup I would do the following:

1 - Get a master cylinder rebuild kit and rebuild the MC.

2 - Get a front brake caliper rebuild kit and rebuild the caliper.

2 - SS Braided line (Go ahead and use new crush washers and banjo bolts...they are pretty cheap)

3 - New brake pads

Well if rebuilding and replacing the seals and stuff in BOTH the caliper and the MC didn't make any improvement. Then maybe a 07+ CRF front MC will be the solution. However, they can be hard to find if you are looking on Ebay.

I'm a Yamaha guy...

Running Honda pads in the Yamaha caliper is the first step towards better braking. I'm now running a complete Honda 09 250R brake setup - the one with the linkage at the MC. It bolts straight up to the Yamaha.

I've since upgraded to an oversized rotor also, which works perfectly with the Honda setup - and all on a Yamaha :lol:

BTW, if your after a decent SS line, grab yourself a Tusk line off rockymountain - if you check the line you'll see that its actually a Galfer line (at half the price).

Back when I had my yz426f, I used a complete front brake system from an '07 crf450r. It was HUGE improvement. Everything bolted right up, too.

Picked up the crf system from a part-out. Way cheaper than some of the other suggestions.

You see this a lot in the Yamaha forums. Pretty much the first step you take in improving your braking.

Now I just ride HONDA's! (but that's besides the point)

Best brake system is the 07+ master cylinder (although I find the earlier units just fine myself) then get a SS line and Oversized brake kit from CRFStuff.com.

Great stuff there! same product as used on the Geico team bikes.

I'm a Yamaha guy...

Running Honda pads in the Yamaha caliper is the first step towards better braking. I'm now running a complete Honda 09 250R brake setup - the one with the linkage at the MC. It bolts straight up to the Yamaha.

I've since upgraded to an oversized rotor also, which works perfectly with the Honda setup - and all on a Yamaha :lol:

BTW, if your after a decent SS line, grab yourself a Tusk line off rockymountain - if you check the line you'll see that its actually a Galfer line (at half the price).

So how is your set up? Can you explain it?haha lever feel, braking power, etc.?