Best year brakes

People say that going with a stock complete Honda set-up is better than big brake and SS on the Yamaha set up. Idk, im not 100% set on a certain thing, but right now putting my options together, im in the process of re-bleeding my brake right now for the 100,000th time, and if I cant get the stock set-up to work good, im just going straight to the Honda set-up.

I'm a Yamaha guy...

Running Honda pads in the Yamaha caliper is the first step towards better braking. I'm now running a complete Honda 09 250R brake setup - the one with the linkage at the MC. It bolts straight up to the Yamaha.

I've since upgraded to an oversized rotor also, which works perfectly with the Honda setup - and all on a Yamaha?

BTW, if your after a decent SS line, grab yourself a Tusk line off rockymountain - if you check the line you'll see that its actually a Galfer line (at half the price).

Back when I had my yz426f, I used a complete front brake system from an '07 crf450r. It was HUGE improvement. Everything bolted right up, too.

Picked up the crf system from a part-out. Way cheaper than some of the other suggestions.

You see this a lot in the Yamaha forums. Pretty much the first step you take in improving your braking.

Now I just ride HONDA's! (but that's besides the point)

Best brake system is the 07+ master cylinder (although I find the earlier units just fine myself) then get a SS line and Oversized brake kit from CRFStuff.com.

Great stuff there! same product as used on the Geico team bikes.

I'm a Yamaha guy...

Running Honda pads in the Yamaha caliper is the first step towards better braking. I'm now running a complete Honda 09 250R brake setup - the one with the linkage at the MC. It bolts straight up to the Yamaha.

I've since upgraded to an oversized rotor also, which works perfectly with the Honda setup - and all on a Yamaha?

BTW, if your after a decent SS line, grab yourself a Tusk line off rockymountain - if you check the line you'll see that its actually a Galfer line (at half the price).

So how is your set up? Can you explain it?haha lever feel, braking power, etc.?