Sign in to follow this  

Where to get jetting kits

I'm in Canada but willing to import.

Figure the winter is a good time to fart around with my carb and I've been reading a lot about jetting.

Thing is I don't know where to get a selection of jetting needles to adjust for our up and down weather.

I'm sort of thinking that if I can get reasonably proficient at it that I can adjust my setup from the beginning of our season (April, 14degrees and dry) to our mid-summer (July, 30degrees and humid) to fall (September, 25 degrees and 'normal' humidity).

I have to believe there's a significant difference.

Also I noticed performance differences came on fast at the end of the season with starting and response switching from third to fourth at higher rpms...wondering if maybe the bike needed a wee tinker.

So who makes them and where's 'the best' place to order them from?

I just installed a JD jetting kit on my WR426f. I am pleased so far with the kit. The instructions make it fairly easy to get your bike set up right and in my case, I can just swap out the needle to adjust from wimter riding to summer riding.

I ordered my kit from the TT Store. I got exactly what I ordered and it was shipped quickly.

I'm in Canada but willing to import.

Figure the winter is a good time to fart around with my carb and I've been reading a lot about jetting.

Thing is I don't know where to get a selection of jetting needles to adjust for our up and down weather.

I'm sort of thinking that if I can get reasonably proficient at it that I can adjust my setup from the beginning of our season (April, 14degrees and dry) to our mid-summer (July, 30degrees and humid) to fall (September, 25 degrees and 'normal' humidity).

I have to believe there's a significant difference.

Also I noticed performance differences came on fast at the end of the season with starting and response switching from third to fourth at higher rpms...wondering if maybe the bike needed a wee tinker.

So who makes them and where's 'the best' place to order them from?

Depending on what bike you have you should go to that particular forum and ask what people are running for jets. You can then go to your dealer and buy the jets for less than half of what a jet kit costs. You probably need a couple of pilots and a couple of mains to get it right.

I would be willing to bet that 1 needle (probably the stock one) would work for almost all conditions that you ride in.

Depending on what bike you have you should go to that particular forum and ask what people are running for jets. You can then go to your dealer and buy the jets for less than half of what a jet kit costs. You probably need a couple of pilots and a couple of mains to get it right.

I would be willing to bet that 1 needle (probably the stock one) would work for almost all conditions that you ride in.

I'll look into that. The local JD Jetting dealer said mid-January was soonest they could get a kit in for my bike. Really? Mid-January? Ridiculous.