Sign in to follow this  

Thermometer Decal Stickers Thermostrips Temp Strips - where to buy?

Does anyone know where the best place to buy thermo strips for engine temps etc? I can find them on ebay for fish tanks and home brewing for like £1 each and pro circuit and factory effex want 10 - 15 x this price. I am based in the uk but can always ship here if they are the right price. Also does anyone know the temperature ranges for radiators, heads and anywhere else they are usefull? My bike is a ktm sxf 250 with a 280 kit

Hi,

I'm trying to compile a list for some operating temperatures of various bikes after recently trying to get hold of some thermometer strips for my head and possibly silencer.

So far all I have is a normal running tempeature for a CRF250x is 150 - 180 im assuming it was coolant temp.

As soon as I have tried out my sxf 250 for varios temps I will post them.

I noticed a label on my fmf exhaust that mentions repacking and 370 but i cant read it properly as it has worn away. So if the exhaust reaches a temperature over 370 does it need re packing?

You might be cheaper in the long run to by an infrared heat gun. Some of them run around $20.

Harbor Freight just had a sale on their hand held temp meter/gun. 9v battery powered, good for up to about 1000°F and you can point it at anything and get the temp reading without touching it. $19.95 and you can get them off of EBay for under $30 all the time. Take your own readings and you will know they are what you were looking to get the data on.

Swiss

Exhaust tempt (unless you used a data loger) means nothing. Was the bike moving? Under load? How fast? All affect temp.

Do not waste the effort to 'read the world' by temp. Coolant with no radiator cap boils at about 220F. A good cap will raise that to 250. Temp during normal riding can be as low as 150F and as high as 230F. All depends on how fast your moving and the load on the engine. If high coolant temps are an issue, get a fan.

This thread is going to be merged with your other temp thread.

Harbor Freight just had a sale on their hand held temp meter/gun. 9v battery powered, good for up to about 1000°F and you can point it at anything and get the temp reading without touching it. $19.95 and you can get them off of EBay for under $30 all the time. Take your own readings and you will know they are what you were looking to get the data on.

Swiss

I Just bought one of these units from Harbor Freight. Considering the price it works excellent. I've also found other uses for it too besides motorsports related.

I Just bought one of these units from Harbor Freight. Considering the price it works excellent. I've also found other uses for it too besides motorsports related.

Get your mind out of the gutter:busted::lol: