Sign in to follow this  

Renegade Pro 110 / MX4

OK,

Looking for some opinions.

Bike: 2011 KTM 280 Sx-f (BB Kit), FMF Slip on w S.A.

18 Hrs, Slip stream filter, New Plug Cap & Plug, TPS Siliconed w/ cover, all connections greased, Fuel pump connections good....

Had Injector cleaned....

Tried running 93 Ethanol free gas in tank w/ Startron fuel stabilizer, then had to mix with 93 octane from another pump.

Q is: Is it OK to just run the Renegade 110? Should I drain it from tank when not riding? I am thinking of getting the MX4, but this was all they had.

I want to get the ethanol out of my tank. I am already filtering the crap out of it....

I dont trust the 93 Ethanol free stuff.

Thoughts? :lol:

i use mx4.its a oxygenated fuel so you need to drain it back into a metal container when you are done riding for the day.it gives you approx a 6-8% increase in power over pump fuel.it looses its omph at the four week period,and thats if you keep it in its original metal container with the lid screwed on tight.it costs 80 bucks plus tax here in so.ill

the pro110 is just like vp c12.you dont have to drain it out,but if you dont and your bike sits in the sun,it will oxidize the lead,and you might as well just run pump gas.lol. i leave a little pro110 in my quad and any bike that is goona be sitting for a while,as it is a very stable fuel and wont gum up over the winter like mx4 or pump gas.peace and wheelies.

Thanks! Just wanting to keep the ethanol out, and I have not found a good source of ethanol free from the pump locally yet.

Check out

http://pure-gas.org/index.jsp

It lists stations by state with ethanol free gas.

The MX4 is a better fuel for you bike it was blended specifically for mx bikes. It is now unleaded where it used to be a leaded fuel. We use Renegade and their fuels do not have issues like we experienced with some of the VP fuels. I know several people who don't remove it from their tanks each day and never have an issue.

sx4 is unleaded/oxygenated.looking at my can it says mx4/leaded.and its not about having a problem if you dont drain it out,its about the fuel loosing some of the oxygenators and the lead oxidizing if exposed to direct sunlight while being in a plastic tank,or at least thats what the people at renegade told me,peace and wheelies!!!