Sign in to follow this  

Moving up crf230f to a crf250r

Hi,

I've been riding a 2006 honda crf230f for about a year now, I mostly ride woods but have recently discovered the art of jumping. I want to get into racing harescrambles and mx with FTR. I've been looking at 06-08 crf250r's...how much of a step up are these from a 230 trail bike? I'm 5'8" 135 pounds.

i went from a crf230 to a kx250f. im 5'9" and 135 pounds. the amount of power is A LOT different between the 2 bikes. but you'll absolutely love the power the 250 has. its not hard to get used to, i was good on my 250 after riding it for about an hour

It won't seem like that high of a step up in terms of power. It will definitely be a massive improvement in suspension. The most difficult part will be becoming accustomed to the higher seat height. I went from a crf150f to a wr250f and while the power increase didn't seem like much, I'm sure it was much greater than it seemed. At 5'8 and 135 lbs, you should do just fine though.

Thanks guys that's what i was thinking, sure will be nice to have a suspension that doesn't bottom out on a 10 foot jump