Sign in to follow this  

powercore 2 or shorty

so im getting a fmf fatty gold series and im torn between a powercore 2 or a shorty. im ridden a 2003 honda cr 250 mostly in trails but also tracks when ever i get a chance.

Q Stealth for trails. Shorty for track.

Shorty is the way to go-Your buying a aftermarket pipe, get the most out of your purchase, fatty combined with shorty = Best performance,and HP.

i ride in ohio and they do have spark arrester laws in effect but iv never seen anyone get checked or talked to about it. i think im gonna go with the shorty i guess because it sounds like it gives the most power. thanks alot guys! my computer has been down for accuple of days so i couldent check TT

i ride in ohio and they do have spark arrester laws in effect but iv never seen anyone get checked or talked to about it. i think im gonna go with the shorty i guess because it sounds like it gives the most power. thanks alot guys! my computer has been down for accuple of days so i couldent check TT

Since you do have spark arrester laws there I would comply with them and buy a Q Stealth. You aren't going to take a big hit in power by running the Q Stealth and you will be able to legally ride anywhere. We've run Pro Circuit with R-304, Fatty with Shorty and Q Stealth, and Gnarly with Shorty and Q Stealth. There's no major power differences in any of those combinations. I currently have Gnarly / Q Stealth on the '02 and Gnarly / Shorty on the '03. My son races LACC Hare Scrambles on the '03 and doesn't need a spark arrester for those races.

Since you do have spark arrester laws there I would comply with them and buy a Q Stealth. You aren't going to take a big hit in power by running the Q Stealth and you will be able to legally ride anywhere. We've run Pro Circuit with R-304, Fatty with Shorty and Q Stealth, and Gnarly with Shorty and Q Stealth. There's no major power differences in any of those combinations. I currently have Gnarly / Q Stealth on the '02 and Gnarly / Shorty on the '03. My son races LACC Hare Scrambles on the '03 and doesn't need a spark arrester for those races.

I agree with david here.

The powercore is the way to go to me. I had the pro circuit shorty and I tried repacking a bunch of times... It was obnoxiously loud on comparison to the powercore 2 I have and the power difference is negligible if anything. I was concerned about that but I can't tell any difference in power.. I wont go back. Sound doesn't make you fast...actually with the quiet pipe I feel it makes me faster all day long ... I feel the positive difference.

I agree with david here.

I do too. I run the FMF Turbine Core 2, forrest approved SA, quit enough to pass sound check at ISDE's, and quite a bit less $ than the Q-Stealth

I don't ride in places where I have to pass a sound check (I mainly trail ride in the desert and forrest). A shorty isn't even loud unless your high in the rpm range, yeah then it gets real loud. Quieter doesn't make you faster either, it's an off highway vehicle after all, so good smooth (louder) noise isn't a crime.

I do too. I run the FMF Turbine Core 2, forrest approved SA, quit enough to pass sound check at ISDE's, and quite a bit less $ than the Q-Stealth

Yep, the Turbine Core 2 is also a good choice for a SA silencer and it is cheaper than the Q Stealth. I don't have one but I know people that run that silencer.

When I bought the two Q Stealths that I have, the ThumperTalk store had (may still have, I haven't checked) a good price on them and I was hoping for a very quiet silencer.