Sign in to follow this  

Which Helmet?

I've been looking to buy a new helmet and I have narrowed it down to 2...I think. It's between a Bell Moto 8 and a Shoei VFX-W. Which one would you guys go with, and why?

Thanks

Yeah don't go with the Bell.Look into Arai too.If you buy either the Shoei or Arai you won't be dissapointed also do reaserch on them too,get your head measured aswell because it really makes a difference if the helmet is really comfortable and feels like it is made for your head.

Unless you've worn that brand and style before, there's no way to guarantee a good fit without trying it on first - and a good fit is probably more important than brand or style.

Last night, we went thru a dozen different helmets in sizes L to XXL trying to find the best fit for my wife. Even in the same size, some were way too loose or impossible to get on! We ended up with an O'Neal in XL.

As to brand, that's like asking what brand of bike is best, although the big names have been around for a reason..

..a

Might be hard to find the shoei for under $400. I saw some bell moto 8's on closeout for around $150 at motorcyclecloseouts.com.