Sign in to follow this  

Washington Quality engine / machine shop near Seattle area?

I'm working on my wife's CRF230 and looking for a quality shop that can bore the cylinder and port the head. I also need some welding done on a 450X swingarm.

I'm in Renton, are there any quality machine shops around?

Thanks!

Mike

if your boring the cylinder, I'd stay with a MC shop..I believe The WheelMaster can do this, if not Mory knows who to call!

UM>>>welding a swingarm?? is that even a good BAD IDEA?:lol:

Allied Technical services in georgetown might be worth calling about the swingarm. They are used to working on critical stuff & do tig aircraft welding. Nice guys, too.

Thanks for the replies! I'll give them both a call - the WheelMaster site also lists swingarm welding as one of their services.

My swingarm isn't broken, I'm working on a project bike - I'm starting with a CRF230 with a big bore and putting 250X wheels, brakes, and suspension on it. I already have a 450X but I also want a simple air-cooled, low-maintenance bike with good suspension. For the swingarm I'm trying to decide if I want to modify the 230 swingarm to accept the rear disk hanger, or modify a 250/450X swingarm to fit the 230 frame.

This project probably doesn't make sense to most people, but it's something fun to work on.

Thanks for the replies! I'll give them both a call - the WheelMaster site also lists swingarm welding as one of their services.

My swingarm isn't broken, I'm working on a project bike - I'm starting with a CRF230 with a big bore and putting 250X wheels, brakes, and suspension on it. I already have a 450X but I also want a simple air-cooled, low-maintenance bike with good suspension. For the swingarm I'm trying to decide if I want to modify the 230 swingarm to accept the rear disk hanger, or modify a 250/450X swingarm to fit the 230 frame.

This project probably doesn't make sense to most people, but it's something fun to work on.

Sounds cool :lol: Before I was into riding I was into jeeps and rock crawlers. Most of the rigs you see out there are hand built and modified by their owners, don't see that much in the bike world.