Sign in to follow this  

which boots? need big upper for big calves and knee braces

I am tired of buying boots to big for my feet because i have large calves and wear knee braces. I cant shift or brake properly because my boots are too big.

Does anyone know if such boot exist? i wear a 8.5-9 shoe, so i wanna order that size boot, but cant find a boot that will fit over my calves and knee braces

I am soooo fed up, i am selling a like new pair of alpinestars tech 3 size 10 in the classifieds forum.

any help would be greatly appreciated, thanks

Edited by itsallbizz

I know the Gaerne SG12s have a larger calf area than most other boots. I had a pair of the SG12s and a pair of the Tech 10s and the Gaernes left a bit more space for the calf area.

Just getting started, I bought a pair of cheap-a$$ boots but even they have a huge amount of adjustment at the calf. How big is this brace?

..a

Look at any of the Gaerne boots. I also have big calves and wear a knee brace. I had an old pair of Gaerne RX1s and now have SG10s - both have a very generous calf area. I also wore AXO RC5s for a bit - they were also big in the calf, but fell apart rather quickly. The SG10s also are cut somewhat wide across the toes, and are snug in the ankle/heel, making for an extremely comfortable fit (at least for my feet).

JayC

knee braces are the full brace by thor. so they are a little bulky, pair that with my calves and you have a rather difficult fit. I am 6' 220lbs, i am a avid runner,biker,weight lifter so riding gear fits me a lil akward. I usually have to order stuff a lil big to fit my legs, and upper body, but i am done ordering boots too big, its really affecting my shifting and breaking ability.

what size shoe do you wear, and what size boot(gaerne gx-1) did you buy? how does it fit? length?width?

what size shoe do you wear, and what size boot(gaerne gx-1) did you buy? how does it fit? length?width?

i wear size 12.5 or 13 shoe (depending on brand and whether or not they have size 12.5...a lot of companies don't make half sizes that big). i bought size 13 gx-1s.

they fit my feet well. i don't have overly wide feet, though. vasque hiking boots, for example, fit my feet well, but i hear some people complain they are too narrow for them.

they were a bit stiff and pinched my ankles a little when i first both them. but, once broken in, they fit great and are quite comfortable. they also caused me to miss upshifts from time to time when i first got them. but, again, since broken in, no problem.