gopro hero2 vs 1st gen, worth double the price?

anyone own both?

I can get two 1080p's for the price of one 1080pversion2

is the version2 better for offroad use? double the price better? I have a 960 right now, but I want my son to use that, I'm gonna get myself either the old 1080p or the new one, not sure yet

?

anyone own both?

I can get two 1080p's for the price of one 1080pversion2

is the version2 better for offroad use? double the price better? I have a 960 right now, but I want my son to use that, I'm gonna get myself either the old 1080p or the new one, not sure yet

im interested as well im leaning towards the hero2 ?

found this but i still cant decide lol

Interesting. I plan to buy one in the near future as well. The new one def has a better picture quality, but in the context of blazing through the forrest in often less than perfect lighting, I have to wonder how much all that matters.

I was considering the old 960, as they're pretty affordable now. Anything I mount to myself during riding has to be somewhat disposable.

I had the 1080p hero, and now the Hero2.

The Hero2 has way better low-light recording.. Once the sun started going down on the Hero1 it was curtains.. Now can record in low light.

The camera stills are double the resolution. The 10 shot burst mode is awesome - 10 shots in one second at full resolution.

It'll do 120fps on a lower resolution video - makes for REAL slow motion - can chop it to 1/4 speed and still smoooooth.

ANd the #1 reason the Hero2 is light years better than Hero1 - the menu display!!! The Hero1 is like an old casio wrist watch... If the old one was a casio wrist watch, the new one is a nintendo gameboy... The old one was cryptic letters and numbers.. Needed to carry around the manual if you wanted to change settings in the field... THe Hero2 has a display that has words and pictures and you can change all the settings with memorizing cryptic characters. It's reallllly nice.

So yeah, the Hero2 is well worth it over the 1 in my opinion.

I have mine set so it's one button operation, turn it on and it's recording, so the menu issue is not important to me

Yah that's OK if you only use one setting.. But if you want to try new things out on the trails, you need the manual, or you memorize all the letters.. The new one is sooooo much nicer.

Hero at top, 2 at bottom:

dsc_0256.jpg

hero2_mini.jpg

I'll stick with my HeroHD for now, but the next one I get will for sure be the Hero2.

Better picture quality, more user friendly, and the on/off light on the back make it a hands down choice. And by next spring, the price will be $50 less than what it is now. By the end of the summer you'll be finding them on Amazon for $199.?

I like the light but on a helmet it's not going to matter. I wish they had an adjustable start-up delay, so you could start it, verify it was about to start recording, then put on your helmet. That's one thing the contour really has going for it - positive recording switch.

..a