crf 70 carb leaking.

I bought a crf 70 yesterday. It wouldnt start and the gas had that old smell. I took the carb off cleaned the jets out with a guitar string and carb cleaner. I scrubbed all the parts with a tooth brush. The bowl is clean all passages are clean and flow well. It starts and runs good but leaks like 40 hells out of the pee hose that comes out of the bowl. It does it while running or not. I opened it back up and cleaned the crap out of the thingy that the float controls and it still leaks like a 79 ugo.? Any ideas?

I bought a crf 70 yesterday. It wouldnt start and the gas had that old smell. I took the carb off cleaned the jets out with a guitar string and carb cleaner. I scrubbed all the parts with a tooth brush. The bowl is clean all passages are clean and flow well. It starts and runs good but leaks like 40 hells out of the pee hose that comes out of the bowl. It does it while running or not. I opened it back up and cleaned the crap out of the thingy that the float controls and it still leaks like a 79 ugo.? Any ideas?

Sorry to say this but you'll have to pull the carb again and:

A] Using carb cleaner and a Q-tip, clean the needle and seat. There is a little rubber tip on the end of the needle that is pressed up to cover the hole where the gas enters as the float rises. These need to be clean or fuel will continue to eneter the bowl. Also a good idea to check the float level while you are in there.

Or:

B] Replace them.

I cleaned it out and scrubbed the stopper thingy that thr float controls with carb cleaner and a tooth brish. a friend if mine said that the ethanol crap in fuel can cause the plastic float to swell and will be tight on the pin that holds it in place so it doesnt move freely. I am gonna try again tomarrow and will give feedback. Thanks.

yeah..get you a complete carb kit off the Ebay...comes with all gaskets/seals/jets/and needle...seat

Personally I wouldn't recommend using any parts other than genuine keihin, I have found that just b/c a knock-off jet says #62 doesn't necessarily mean that the orifice size is the same a keihin #62?