Sign in to follow this  

Help me decide for my 7yo

So I think I know the answer already but I thought I would get a poll.

Kawi KX65. It is a 2009 Monster edition, raced 20 hours, super clean, new tires, pro taper bars, and pipe $1,750

or

2004 KTM 65, new bottom end, new fork seals, and chain. good rubber and pads. fully inspected and rebuilt by local KTM dealer $1,400.

Which one?

Just sold our 08 KX65 for $1300 that was never raced and super clean. I think you can get a better deal on that KX!! I would go with the newer bike, it should be less parts you have to throw at it.

Is your son tall enough for the bike? My 8 and a half year old nephew isn't even close to touching the ground on a kx60, Where his 10 year old brother fits flat footed. Either way they are both overpriced, keep looking.

We paid $600 dollars for our kx 65 and raced it for a year without touching nothing! There all the same pretty much the same from 2000 on (2003 and newer have supposedly adjustable forks but most kids will never know the diference, expecially 7 year olds that dont have the experience/weight to abuse the bike at all!). They sell for $600-1000 around here and are just stepping stones to move up. Now if he gets a couple of years older and is running up front and clearing 60 footers and wants to stay in the 65 class then I would spend the money on a newer KTM (Although a few weeks ago Arenacross was in town and the winner in the Friday night 65 class was on a KX 65!)

Good luck!