Sign in to follow this  

2005 yz125

Just bought a MINT YZ125. :lol: This bike has absolutely no wear on it, case covers have, what looks like, maybe 10-15 hours on the bike. The guy was 36 years old, had 2 kids and needed to get rid of it. I used to race, still have my yz450f & I picked up a 2002 CR250R (another mint condition "steal" I found on craigslist). Anyways, I bought this bike "for" my dad to race his buddy in TT races. I obviously will be taking this bike to the track when hes not riding it. Since I'm "new" to the 125 thing (ITS BEEN YEARS!!), this thing is BONE STOCK! What should I do to give this thing some pep? Wiseco piston? FMF Fatty & shorty silencer? Carbon reeds? The 1st thing I'm going to do is suspension, but I'm looking for a little pick me up from the motor. Before I bought the CR, I had been racing/riding my YZ450F, I hadn't rode a 2 smoker in over 4 years, and I've fallen back in love with them...I'm in a situation where I got the CR250 & YZ125 @ such a deal, I don't think I'll be selling them anytime soon...can't say the same about my 450:cheers: