Sign in to follow this  

Desert Tank?

Hey everyone I have a DRZ400s and i have wondering what size desert tank I should get. I was thinking of the IMS 3.2 but then i have also found the Clark 3.9 but that look uncomfortable. Any thoughts orb ideas?

I have a yellow IMS 3.2. I'm going to ignore your question and just recommend getting one without color so you can easily see the gas level. Also if you go with the plastic tank eventually your graffics are going to come off.

Hey everyone I have a DRZ400s and i have wondering what size desert tank I should get. I was thinking of the IMS 3.2 but then i have also found the Clark 3.9 but that look uncomfortable. Any thoughts orb ideas?

The size of your tank selection should relate to what appearance and fuel range you wish to achieve for your bike...

For my situation the IMS 3.2 gal is adequate, of course others may differ....

Love my Acerbis 4.25. Really like the looks of the Clarke 3.6 E model tank though, far nicer looking than the S tank IMHO

yeah ... that Muzzy pipe is probably working well on some other :lol: bike now ... and that Ohlins shock .

they were snaffled from my workshop ... and the pain still wont go away :)

Yeah..I remember you were ripped off a while back..Didn't know the pipe was on their list...

What did you replace it with?

Clarke 3.9 with kolpin 1.25 on the tail rack if I need more than 200 mile range.

Or a fuel bladder ( kinda of pricey).

I'm sure it's just the perspective but it looks awfully close. How do you get the fuel out of that side to the carb?