Sign in to follow this  

Supercross KYB vs SHOWA

Is it true i'"ve heard james stewarts bike is running showas instead of the factory kyb fork. does anyone now yes or no or why?

Wouldnt surprise me... I may be wrong but I heard he wasnt running the stock shock either.:lol:

I think you're correct. I think I heard him on a recent podcast saying he's running Showa forks and a custom shock made by JGR.

JGR has been running Showa forks for years now and a custom shock as well. James is running The Showa fork and thier shock from what I understand, but this isn't something being done especially for him. It's the setup JGR was already running.

It's all about who is willing to give more support financially. Some teams get support from Showa, some from KYB. Same reason Pro Circuit has always run Showa suspension when Kawi's were coming with KYB stock.

Factory Honda use Showa on their 450's but come stock with KYB... that must be a bigger upset than JGR using Showa frontfork who's not even considered a factory Yamaha team.

Factory Honda use Showa on their 450's but come stock with KYB... that must be a bigger upset than JGR using Showa frontfork who's not even considered a factory Yamaha team.

Exactly, and Honda owns Showa.