Sign in to follow this  

06 crf450r after rebuild shifter stuck in 1st?

hey guys. im desperately in need of more opinions...i recently had to replace my right side inner case due to a kickstart stopperbolt malfuntion causing a whole to be ripped in the case. (bad engineering). in doing this i had to tear the engine down all the way to the bottom end. with that being said, i put everything back as far as i know, exactly back how it came out. i put everything back together and filled her up with oil and went to start it up. (it was in first gear) i tried to shift it and it refuses to shift. it pulls up and down about 90% but just refuses to have that magical "click". this means the wheel refuses to spin. so no way for me to crank it. i took the plates out and the wheel would spin freely, with the basket. i tried spinning the wheel and i got 1 shift out of it. im not sure if it went up or down, due to my strugge to get it to shift one way or the other. thats where im at right now. what went wrong? and why wont it shift?

There are half a dozen reasons why it may not shift...but they all start with "Well, that's not where it belongs"

Id pull the basket and make sure the shift drum can be rotated. Leave the chain on so you can rock the rear wheel to maybe free up the bind in the trans. Regardless...sounds like its got to come apart again.

I have had this happen, when the PAWL RATCHET A (part #11) & PAWL RATCHET B (parts #12) parts have been installed the wrong way around.

1600C.png