Sign in to follow this  

Little problem, HELP PLEASE, quick replies needed

So long story short, i somehow missed the fact that my brand new 2011 250r was missing one of the oil filter bolts, it is the long one that goes on top, my friend at the track gave me a spare bolt a tiny bit shorter, it worked well but when i took the bike home i took the bolt off my 08 too put in. The bolt off the 08 snapped as i was doing it up so im assuming it was too old. Only the end of it snapped off, i have pictures if anyone needs but im just wondering would i need to try and remove the end of the snapped bolt or would i be able to use the spare one from a friend, the spare one is a little bit shorter than stock as well by the way, thank you in advance!!

Iv been there but on my case. I wouldn't risk it, especially if it has the potential to leak oil if the other bolt were to not work as well as you had thought. Id take an easy out and remove it the right way. It would always be on my mind if I jimmy rigged it.

i know that the other bolt works its just that i have a little piece stuck in and i dont know how to remove it seeing as it is so long

First thing I would do if I were you is buy a torque wrench.

Second I would want that piece out, it sounds like you need a machinist.