Sign in to follow this  

02 cr250 sticking powervalve???

has anyone had there powervalve on the new CRs wit the rc valve stick open for a period of time an lose alot of accelleration power to the powerband. think this happened to me yesterday then i stoped and started the bike again and it ran good again. THANKS.

Check your PV cables and adjustment. This is a common source of lack of power, top end or low end depending on where it is stuck

Check your PV cables and adjustment. This is a common source of lack of power, top end or low end depending on where it is stuck

i have had pv cable tension issues before and i checked the cables one is a lil loose but i dont kno if that causesed this. let me tell u exactly how this when down. i was fouling plugs and noticed my air mixture screw was 1 turn out. so we moved it 2 out to lean it out a bit.after this it felt like i started to lose all my bottom end we were putting around in very rocky muddy trails.once we got out to the woods road i notice like all my mid range and bottom end that takes me to my powerband was gone. bike felt like an absolute joke everywheres.then i stoped the bike started it again took off an noticed i got it all back. so i would assyme this would be an rc valve malfunction.with a lose cable the one that goes loose most ofter u will lose all ur top end ive had this happin to me as well.im goin out again today. ill see if it happins again hopfully not.