Sign in to follow this  

40th Anniversary of On Any Sunday

My dad had a drive-in theater in 1971 and he showed On Any Sunday that Summer. I watched it every night for two weeks straight. He bought me my first bike, a new SL70, a few weeks later. Been riding ever since.

I did not see it until the late seventies. Great movie. I got hooked without viewing it, but it did enhance my already heart filled desire for riding.

Both my brothers has Honda's in the latter 60's, I think more of a fad than anything else to them, as they would come home - park em and go to thier rooms with friends and do whatever teens do at that time of life.

I was fascinated by the bikes and if I could not kick it I would roll it down a hill off of our driveway and bump start it, (I had seen it done) I would ride around the yard and or slip off down to a nearby gravel pit (and really get in trouble)....

I think I will watch that film tomorrow !

Got the DVD boxed set with all the bells and whistles a few Years ago !

Saw the film when it first came out, always remember the yound kid on the pedal bike doing a wheelie. Didn't know until recently that it was Jeff Ward !

Good times.

Dave R.

I think I will watch that film tomorrow !

Got the DVD boxed set with all the bells and whistles a few Years ago !

Saw the film when it first came out, always remember the yound kid on the pedal bike doing a wheelie. Didn't know until recently that it was Jeff Ward !

Good times.

Dave R.

Jeff Ward was the kid on the Honda Mini Trail doing the wheelie. I've been told that Warren Reid was the kid riding the wheelie on the bicycle.

My dad had a drive-in theater in 1971 and he showed On Any Sunday that Summer. I watched it every night for two weeks straight. He bought me my first bike, a new SL70, a few weeks later. Been riding ever since.

ditto summer of 71, ditto new sl70, lol!

That was the same year i raced my first motocross race....grew up in eastern Washington at a time when you could ride anywhere in the dirt and no one cared,I can remember dad driving me to the end of a dirt road that led into the hills saying "lets ride"......those were the days.