Sign in to follow this  

best wheels for 06

hello i am new to the site... I have a 06 450r that i just purchased, and it came with dna wheels... long story short, although they look cool, the spokes keep breaking on regular trail rides and in the back yard, and i am honestly afraid of taking it to a track and blitzing a set of even tiny whoops... I recently was reccommended warp 9 wheels, but im afraid of having the same problem( hub and rim specific spokes, and hard to find). Im really just considering a set of oem wheels and anodizing the hubs. any ideas, experience, or inspiration?

thanks!

just redid a stock set, not cheap. did dirtstars w/ bulldog spokes. i would call a wheel builder, i dealt with ********* for parts, keith is a good guy to deal with. get away from the cheap crap, you're better off.

Ok DNA has 2 different spoke sets. You got the thin, cheap should not have been produced set on the wheels.

call and ask them for the oversized spoke and nipple set. they will not do the same thing.

www.trydna.com

Indeed Chinese is always predictable... I'll try the guys at DNA and see if I can get some bigger spokes. I think that these may be the large spokes, yet they could be too tight... I heard rumor that someone there was way over tightening everything, causing misery like mine... New spokes couldn't hurt though, I mean it's cheaper than new wheels and at least I'd know what's in them... Thanks for the responses!

spokes are not the best, maybe you can get a good spoke set that will fit and solve the problem. or find some good hubs (oem maybe) build your own and have what you need. stock hubs are out there.:lol:

just redid a stock set, not cheap. did dirtstars w/ bulldog spokes. i would call a wheel builder, i dealt with ********* for parts, keith is a good guy to deal with. get away from the cheap crap, you're better off.

ksr:thumbsup:

Welcome to the world of Chinese crap.

Just like the Leatte brace right! We saw it break in a SX on Dungey. So it must be crap to!

It all comes down to quality control. DNA has very POOR qc.

Just like the Leatte brace right! We saw it break in a SX on Dungey. So it must be crap to!

so many companies look to china and indonesia to relocate their operations. how can you beat paying pennies (if that) for labor.:lol:

Japan Metalurgy > China Metalurgy

Thanks for all the feedback! So I guess that leaves two options pretty much, either true up a setup for oem hubs or get a set of heavy duties from DNA(if they will fit my hub), and see what happens... Does anyone know what compatability those Junkers have? Or does anyone have stock wheels for sale? Thanks!

Japan Metalurgy > China Metalurgy

china-badbadbad-screwed up the metals market. and how about their drywall?

Thanks for all the feedback! So I guess that leaves two options pretty much, either true up a setup for oem hubs or get a set of heavy duties from DNA(if they will fit my hub), and see what happens... Does anyone know what compatability those Junkers have? Or does anyone have stock wheels for sale? Thanks!

If I was in your shoes, I would see if this guy still has his wheels for sale. http://dallas.craigslist.org/ftw/mcy/2677783175.html

3 wheels for 350- that's a good deal :lol:

I think it's the same rear wheel they just turned to the other side to take pics of the rotor & sprocket. Still a good deal... I'd replace those DNA wheels as well with the oem ones if there still available.