Sign in to follow this  

Cross Reference Part Numbers For Most Bikes

Hi all, thought some might be interested in being able to cross reference parts for atvs, dirtbikes, motorcycles, snowmobiles, etc..

I found 3 sites that have micro fiches' that will do just that. So now you can figure out what years and what models share the same parts. They all seem pretty accurate. Have a look.

http://www.motorecycler.com/part-lookup-html.html

I would still love to find a way to find out what parts will still work on other bikes even if the part numbers are off, but I think that will be a bit more challenging.

Most parts fiches will let you search like that. Munn Racing's got a "Cross Ref" button for that, Polaris's "advanced search" lets you get that information.

Nice to have, but if a dealer/parts guy knows his stuff, he should be able to figure that out too. Most of the time they don't care what it comes off of, they just punch the number into the computer and go grab it. Which is why I always look up the parts I need before I go to the dealer.

For the littler/more common parts like O-rings, seals, bearings, tubing, bolts, etc... there's absolutely no reason to go to a dealer for stuff like that. McMaster's a great source for hardware, ship quick, and it'll be a fraction of the price of a dealer. Local places like Rocket Seals, Fastenal, Grainger, or even Ace Hardware/Home Depot are good places to check too.

I went through the fiche for my bike... KTM was nice enough to put in dimensions for all the O-rings and grommets. Got a parts list together for every O-ring on the bike from McMaster... $80 later I've got enough O-rings to last me the life of the bike for a hell of a lot cheaper than the $2-per-O-ring from the dealer.

DSC06206.jpg

You are not kidding about being set for O-Rings :lol:, nice!

Thanks for the other links, munns looks like the same fiche i use as well for my ktm. I agree that the cross referencing is not so important when ordering from the dealer, but I find it extremely helpful when buying a used part off ebay.

well the links are broken for me one takes me to a random site that trys to tell me i have a virus and to call an 800 number to fix it

I went through the fiche for my bike... KTM was nice enough to put in dimensions for all the O-rings and grommets. Got a parts list together for every O-ring on the bike from McMaster... $80 later I've got enough O-rings to last me the life of the bike for a hell of a lot cheaper than the $2-per-O-ring from the dealer.

DSC06206.jpg

is there really more than 40 o rings on a KTM?  my honda has about 8...  80$ in seems like it would get a LOT of OEM o-rings....

Ther'es about a dozen different sizes. 

That $80 got me 25-, 50-, 100-packs of all those sizes, not one or two of each. 

And since this thread is 4 years old and I moved photo hosts...

DSC06206-L.jpg