Sign in to follow this  

Is it a good buy (dirt conversion) ?

Yesterday I was at a local dealer buying some stuff when I started talking to the menager about the drz sm.

As the talk went on he told me to check his website cause he had a set of dirt wheels slightly used for my bike so I went and looked only to find a price of 800$+ tax.

They're warp 9 18" rear 21" front with fresh knobies, sprocket and wave disks (310mm front).

As I was walking out of the store he told me to bring him 500$ cash and theyre gone!

So I was just wondering what is an ongoing price for a setup like this? Would this be consider as a great deal or just a normal sale price?

Its this setup

18319b33.jpg

That actually sounds like a good deal. I would expect 700+ since it had the rotors, sprockets and tires. I would jump on that.

Sounds fair if you specifically want the WARP9s and not used OEM. They would sell for about 1000 new on ebay with rotors, sprocket, bearings, tubes, and tires. The problem with OEM is you still need to buy a new speedo drive, SM rotors, and freshen up the sprocket to match the SM.

I don't think the front rotor will fit through, you need to look into that.

Steve

$500 for that wheel set is pretty good as long as everything is in good shape. I converted my SM with all new parts and kinda went overboard (not that I'm complaining). But you can easily convert an SM to dirt for relatively cheap, especially when you find a deal on wheels like that. I'd go for it :lol:

I think its a fair deal. I'm cheap though. Right now DRZ wheels are selling for a lot. That is just how the market is, a lot of SM Guys want the dirt wheels. If you don't want them now, I'd wait. It's common to find dirt wheels in the $500 range.

I think its a fair deal. I'm cheap though. Right now DRZ wheels are selling for a lot. That is just how the market is, a lot of SM Guys want the dirt wheels. If you don't want them now, I'd wait. It's common to find dirt wheels in the $500 range.

It's common to find a RARE deal on dirt wheels in the $400-500 range.. but the more common price is in the $600-700 range.

That makes sense when I said it :lol: But it reads funny..

Point is, the average going price for a set of useable wheels is much higher the $500.. But I agree with toadl there are deals to be had if you look hard enough and wait it out.

I did, and got a set of Excel Pro SM wheels for a GREAT deal.. right time, right place.

But I waited a long time to do so.