Sign in to follow this  

2011 KTM ICO Checkmate mount

I know there are a few different mounts out there, one from BRP and the other from Scott. I was wondering if there is a mount for the checkpoint that mounts it directly on the handlebar clamps. Right on top of the bars where the cross bar bad would go. I seen that they have the dashboard one from Scott. That is similar to what I want. I want mine right over the bars, not in front. From the picture on their site I can not tell if this mounts to only the front bolts on the handlebar mounts or all four. I saw an old forum that talked about one from Pro-Tech, problem is the post is years old and I can not find anything like it or by name anymore. Anyone have any ideas??

Maybe not what you want to hear, but make your own. Out here, we see the guys with different bar and control setups all the time, and most of it is made in the garage with angle iron/aluminum, grommets and/or hose clamps.

If you can't find it on the shelf somewhere, then you may be left to fabricate it on your own.

Thanks, thats pretty much what I figured. I have not ordered the checkmate yet so I dont know what the mounts look like underneath it. You get more pride in making it yourself anyways. Probably be a little cheaper than the scotts performance one too. 100 bucks...yikes!

Our Dashboard can be mounted to either the front bar mount bolts or the rear bolts to get the computer more centered as long as you are not running a top mounted steering damper.

Thanks-

Eric

Thanks Eric

I know some of the handle bar clamps have a roundness on the top. Will that interfere with a secure mount on the bottom (closest to the rider) bolts? Since the flat surface of the dashboard would be resting on a rounded surface. Also are there only 2 mounting holes to run bolts through on the dashboard?

Thanks Eric

I know some of the handle bar clamps have a roundness on the top. Will that interfere with a secure mount on the bottom (closest to the rider) bolts? Since the flat surface of the dashboard would be resting on a rounded surface. Also are there only 2 mounting holes to run bolts through on the dashboard?

Good question....If your top barclamps are rounded you might have to run a spacer in between the ICO Dashboard and and the top clamp if you are going to run the mount on the back two holes.

Yes the mount has two elongated holes in it to fit the various bar mount spacings out there.