Sign in to follow this  

Trail Tech Voyager GPS in Baja

I am considering running one of those new Trail Tech Voyager GPS devices in Baja Next season. Did anyone run this at the 1K this year - how was the GPS and Speedo functionality - how about durability?

Trail tech is one of our main sponsors formthe 1000 the last couple years, so to thank them, we arrainged to have the owner come down and prerun with us for a few days. It also gave geoff a chance to show us what the thing can do. We really only needed the speedometer for the race, but found out the unit is capable of alot of different things. Today i am going to there office to look at all the stuff that was recorded duing the race, engine temp, elevations, top speeds and bunch of other stuff. Last year we ran a prototype model down the pennisula, and it quit at the 500 mile mark, they learned from that and this year out of 5 units we had, they were all flawless. Props to todd clement for giving geoff a ride back to the san diego airport when he left, i was not looming forward to that.

Edited by trackmaster

pre ran with one and raced with one, worked awesome. 1st class 30, 5th overall and another Champioship. big thanks to Justin at trailtech for helping me sort it out. Myers

1st class 30, 5th overall and another Champioship. big thanks to Justin at trailtech for helping me sort it out. Myers

thats awesome! Congradulations

pre ran with one and raced with one, worked awesome. 1st class 30, 5th overall and another Champioship. big thanks to Justin at trailtech for helping me sort it out. Myers

You had to jump ship to get the title but hey take it anyway you can get it. Bahhhhhh :lol: And you better be enjoying that Tequila I heard it is pretty good. I am trying to get my hands on a bottle.

We ran one on 102x bike, had crashes, flat tires, etc, (not a clean run like Cracker) but the Trail Tech unit took a licken and kept on tracken! Nice clean unit, mounts, simple to use (except for Cracker I guess!) ; )

You had to jump ship to get the title but hey take it anyway you can get it. Bahhhhhh :lol: And you better be enjoying that Tequila I heard it is pretty good. I am trying to get my hands on a bottle.

LOL !!! By the way I didn't jump ship. My other 300X team grenaded without funding. And the Tequila was awesome. Hows that leg Robby Kenievel

LOL !!! By the way I didn't jump ship. My other 300X team grenaded without funding. And the Tequila was awesome. Hows that leg Robby Kenievel

Haha We know the real race was just the first 10 miles. I wish SCORE would start us in right front of whatever team you whore yourself out too for every race from here on out. Hearing Zohan's story about thinking he had a good line only to have a local camping on it was classic. Then he said he looks over and for once you were actually on course!! Congrats on the win. The leg is actually healing up slow but steady.