Sign in to follow this  

anyone use the Sidi Crossfire SRS Boots?

No inner bootie (which is a good thing). Sidi’s are great boots (the best in my opinion) and they stand behind their product for 2 years.

CoKTM

Hey ive been using em now from the start of our season (early Sep) and what can i say i cant complain at all, the comfort level is extra ordinary, crashed a couple of times and a bike ran over my foot, felt nothing at all i was up and riding, the 2 things i love most about them is the water proofing it has (muddy motos all day, not a drop of water comes in) 2nd is the true foot movement that u still have (might not always be a good thing,i did hurt my foot) but i like the comfort, off and on bike ! hope this helps

oh yes forgot to add everything on the boot is replaceable EVERYTHING!

After years and years with Tech 8's, I switched to the Sidi SRS a few years ago. I used to go through 1 pair of Tech 8's each year and that would include 1 re-sole that was a hassle because it really needs to be done by someone that knows what they are doing...

I have had the same pair of Sidi's for about 3-4 years (granted, I'm not riding as much as I used to) and I am on my 3rd "re-sole". It is super easy and convenient to be able to re-sole it yourself, they are very comfortable and adjustable- they have a really cool calf adjustment that I only use on the right side due to my knee brace on the right. The buckles are way better that the a-star buckles IMHO.

Another note- my a-stars were a bit wider in the ankle area to make room for the bootie. The Sidi's are narrower and for me, easier to get my full foot on the peg. I used to love the booties and had 2 pairs so I always had dry ones on day 2, but in hindsight, they were just a hassle and I don't miss them at all.

Hope this helps.

Please take my response with a grain of salt. I have tried to keep emotion out of it and don't want to start an internet bruhaha. I ride offroad primarily and am really hard on stuff. I have had my Sidis for 8 months. I usually trash a pair of boots in about 6. The Sidis were better, but they were tore apart just the same. I replaced the soles twice. In the end, the pieces that were destroyed were not replaceable. They warranted the boots but said that my warranty was over and would not warranty the next pair. On a side note, it took two months to get an answer on the boots. This had nothing to do with Sidi, but with the distributor itself, Motonation. I'm happy that I got a new pair but I am a little frustrated with the response.

Do the boots hold your foot into place good? Thats what i like about the bootie, it holds your foot into place very well. A positive with the sidi is ill be able to wear a size smaller since it doesnt have a bootie. I gotta try and find someone who stocks them i guess and try them on

It seems those with a narrower foot/heel (me) prefer sidis over everything else. Those with a wider foot tend to like the SG10 or SG12 more.

i had the Sg12s and gave them to my brother i didnt like them at all cause there was to much foot movement for me. thanks for all the info guys im gonna go shop hopin tomorrow and see if anyone has them

i had the Sg12s and gave them to my brother i didnt like them at all cause there was to much foot movement for me. thanks for all the info guys im gonna go shop hopin tomorrow and see if anyone has them

If you like them order a pair from Rocky Mountain ATV and get a $100 credit on your next order! Best deal you will find on Sidi’s.

CoKTM

It seems those with a narrower foot/heel (me) prefer sidis over everything else. Those with a wider foot tend to like the SG10 or SG12 more.

Tell me more about this, EE width boots are barely wide enough for my feet and my custom boots are "F" width - which I didn't even know existed until they measured my foot. I was seriously looking at the Sidi's until you mentioned this. Gaerne's are generally wider than Sidi's? I am currently wearing A-star tech 6's (yes, 6's) that took quite a bit of breaking in.

You'll never fit into the Sidi's. They are very narrow. I wish I could get a wider Sidi. I have big calves and like the adjustable calve system but my toes feel like they are in a vise. SUCKS! SIDI, Are you reading this?:lol:

I've got Sidi and tech 8. For walking around it's sidi hand down.

Riding they are much closer, the tech 8 is thick and makes it hard to get under your shifter at first. The sidi is thin, it smashs my right foot with thick socks.

The Tech 8 to me seems tougher, the sidi is very comfortable. I can wear them all day.

Not sure which I'll buy next time, I like them both.

You'll never fit into the Sidi's. They are very narrow. I wish I could get a wider Sidi. I have big calves and like the adjustable calve system but my toes feel like they are in a vise. SUCKS! SIDI, Are you reading this?:lol:

Happy seal is exactly right. I have narrow feet and love Sidis, to include my Crossfire TA's. I had some Gaernes previously and they were super sloppy fits. If you have wide feet, get Gaernes.

Regarding the toes feeling tight and feeling narrow through the front section of your foot, I had the same issue with my SIDI SRS's with my size 11 wide foot. I took out the sole insert and it gave me the room I needed they were much more confortable. I really can't tell a loss in confort from not having the sole insert.

For some reason, when I tried on both their SRS and the non-SRS model of the same boot, the SRS was tighter... but again, take out the insert and it is a lot better.

Last thing, the buckle at the ankle needs to be set up perfectly. Too loose and your foot/akle area is real sloppy, too tight and it will pinch and rub your skin raw. Set it up right and they are very stable and comfortable.

-Jon

AJ they are really good value for money. These are the only boots I'll buy now. They are like slippers, if I was alowed I'd wear them in the house! So comfy, and I'm a size ten, eleven US I think with pretty wide feet. I have had a few different boots, fox forma pro's and tech 8's, both of them split where your ankle hinges on the inside L section of the buckle portion. The Sidi's are the only boots I've owned that have lasted more than 2 seasons. I have a bad ankle from a rugby injury and it used to get sore riding, not with the sidi's now though, the hinged ankle is bliss. They are really waterproof, the buckles are brilliant and the wear pads on the inside are genius, my other boots got chewed up there from starting 2 strokes. They have a really narrow toe too which helps with gear lever feel. Had a few crashes in them and they offer top of the line protection. I tried the Gaerne SG12's but they felt like moon boots in comparison, very comfy as well though as I think they use memory foam. You can't go wrong with sidi's. I never got excited by the a-stars bootie!

http://motocrossactionmag.com/Reviews/News/IN-SEARCH-OF-THE-PERFECT-MOTOCROSS-BOOT-6450.aspx

thanks for info guys! didnt get to the shop this weekend. been checkin out some YZ250s, think im pickin up a 2010 tomorrow.. keepin my fingers crossed.

also im sellin my tech 10s. whichever ones sell first im keepin the others as spares.

white/green size 11 and white/red size 11. let me know if your interested.

PS i know its not a classified ad just postin it up to get more views. and they DONT smell :lol: PM me for info or whatever