Sign in to follow this  

Wiseco Cranks???

Anyone used a Wiseco stock replacement crank for a first-gen. 250r?

I put one in a motor for a guy, (I've worked on motors for years), and after 1/2 hr. of easy break-in and 2 hrs. run time, the rod snapped! No seize, no overheating, just snapped when the rider was practising a race start. I usually use stock or Hotrods(Hotcams), and this is the first time with Wiseco because the owner was cheap and wanted to save some money.

Anyone else use one?

I normally use Hotrods and OEM as well,

I have heard similar Wiseco horror stories.

On the other hand I recently replaced a 10 CRF250R crank with an OEM for a friend, and he put the rod through his cases after around 10 hrs.

Yah they are junk, had two grenade. First one with 15 hours twisted the rod like a pretzel,second sheared the left side off at the main bearing at 20 hours. No bearing failure on either one,just poor quality steel that caused a lot of expensive damage to 2 customers motors that I had to fix out of my pocket.

put a wiseco kit in my 05' myself and after about 15 hours of on/off track riding i have had no problems either so far. (knocks on wood!)

No problems with them and I've used a ton. Time to time you'll have one go prematurly, but it's really no different with stock and Hot Rod's. Call Wiseco, they're very good about their warranty.

i got one for my 06 and after an hour it locked up again....... do you think the warranty will cover it if i bought it off ebay...... i love ebay but then again i dont lol

04 crf250 with about 60hours on it (estimate) its been sold, and the next owner has apparently put another 15 on top of that, still going...

i got one for my 06 and after an hour it locked up again....... do you think the warranty will cover it if i bought it off ebay...... i love ebay but then again i dont lol

Call, you have nothing to lose.

7201 Industrial Park Blvd. • Mentor, OH 44060-5396

Toll Free: 1-800-321-1364

Phone: 440-951-6600

Fax: 440-951-6606

Got the crank out, and the big end looks brand new, just with no rod on it! No heat discoloration, scoring, or anything! The piston didn't seize, and didn't tag the head, either. It looks like the rod just shattered like glass. I thought it looked weird when I put it in, it was all bumpy and wavy looking, like it was hand-carved out of wood. And it had been PAINTED black. Strange.