Sign in to follow this  

Got Spooge!!

Had a shorty silencer with no spooge. Put a spark arrester and now...well Spooge.

Any suggestions

Elev: 0-500'

South Louisiana

1/2 to 3/4 throttle style riding

Woods mostly

Carb is stock

265 bore

Pulled the head..piston crown was clean with a brownish tint, so I know that it is burning properly, if I am reading it correctly. Plug was a little on the black side but no build up...

that,s what spark arrestors do,in my opinion.don,t try to jet it away,you,ll just lean your bike out too much.i tried it with a fmf II sparky,jetted leaner until no spooge.bike ran like a aturd ,no power.

Pulled the head..piston crown was clean with a brownish tint, so I know that it is burning properly, if I am reading it correctly. Plug was a little on the black side but no build up...

If your piston crown is clean, that's an indication of piston wash-rich.

Obviously rich settings increase spooge, but so do Spark Arrestors.

Ya know, I wouldn't worry about it too much. Does it still feel like it is running properly? I would use that as the top indicator.

I have an 04 YZ, and it leaves a nice crown on the stock can. Put the sparky on, and I get a little trail of spooge. My kid's KX 65 is a little rich with the stock can, giving me a couple drips, but with the sparky on, it turns everything black. Both bikes run just the same, I can't say either of us feel any major power difference. And yes, I repacked all of our cans at the same time, so I know it is consistant there.

After using a half spray bottle of Simple Green cleaning up after our Thanksgiving in the desert, I started wondering the same thing, but passed it off since neither of us had any trouble.

No difference in the short to sparky, power wise..Bike still rips, just smokes more and has black goooo coming out the silencer..

Thanks for the input guys!!