Sign in to follow this  

should i buy a crf 250r?

Hey guys i need some help! im looking at a crf 250r and i dont know if i should buy it, the deal is good but im a snowmobile guy. Iv snowmobiled all my life and iwant to try dirtbiking, iv ridden a few times before on a crf 100 but have no "real" expiernce. I know the clutch and that stuff but power wise could i handle a 250r? im 17, 6 foot, and 185 pounds. Ridden a few times. If you guys could help me out thatd be awsome!

Yeah youll be fine on a crf250r, 6 foot is a good height im 6'2 180 and have no real expierence and its a good fit for me. I just bought a 2006 crf250r just start out slow cruising around and as you get more and more comfortable with it you can open it up more. Real easy to ride.

Yeah a 250f is a good bike to start with.

It has a smooth powerband and has enough power that you won't get bored once you get the hang of it. Make sure you keep up with maintenance if you get the Crf 250r as it is the racing model.

Yes you cant go wrong.. MAKE SURE YOU DO ROUTINE MAINTENANCE (Valves, oil, filter, etc..) If you maintain it then it will last you a long time.

Thanks guys! so when should i do all this routine maintance? after every ride?

a manual will tell you how often your should do your maintenance, but there's a lot of information and recommendations on this site if you search for it, or ask. are you planning on buying new?

Hey guys i need some help! im looking at a crf 250r and i dont know if i should buy it, the deal is good but im a snowmobile guy. Iv snowmobiled all my life and iwant to try dirtbiking, iv ridden a few times before on a crf 100 but have no "real" expiernce. I know the clutch and that stuff but power wise could i handle a 250r? im 17, 6 foot, and 185 pounds. Ridden a few times. If you guys could help me out thatd be awsome!

I agree with all of the reply's to this post. However saying that my son is 17, he was 15 when we he started riding this bike and is about the same size as you. He absolutely loved it but we ride mostly woods and he switched the bike for a 04 crf250x and he liked it just a little bit more. The gearing was more to his liking and having the headlight was a plus. Oh yea don't forget about the easy button! No having to kickstart it on the hill climbs. You will love either of them. Great bikes and a lot of fun. Heck I am a 200 pounder and I loved the bike as well.