Free mods

Were can I find them??.

Thxs

Thumperfaq.com has great info on pre 2007 WR's. If your bike is 2007 or newer the basic mods are the same but slightly different. Info is harder to find on the newer bikes. I recently did all the mods on my 2009 WR250F and can help you with pictures and descriptions if needed.

• 1 year later...

I have a 09 WR250F also and I'm sure that all of the free mods are the same, but I'm curious about the timing. Can you still turn the exhaust cam clockwise one tooth (12 links) instead of 13, for a bigger hit, or has that changed with the newer decompression cams over the years?

Thanks, 42A

Thanks for the Reply Swede73,

As far as the "decompression stub" do you mean the part that pivots on the gear...........i'm at work and will have to check it out once i get home to determine what you mean.

Also, would you recommend rotating the exhaust cam or just replacing one or both of them with Hot Cams for the best performance............. Is it really worth the cost? I've had two WR250F's in the past and have never rotated the Ex cam, Iv'e always just replaced them with stage 1 Hot cams.

Thanks 42A

Swede73

That's just what i'll do,

Do you think i's worth putting in a Stage 1 intake cam while i'm at it? I only ride single track with this bike so i'm only concerned about bottom and mid range power.

Thanks

That was my original thought with this bike, I've had two WR's an 01 and a 05 prior to this one and replaced the EX cam in both, but with this 09 i was wanting to get a little more hit out of it so i may just try to do the mob................just to see the difference and if it's not enough i'll replace them both.

Thanks for all the advice,

42A- Yes, good idea to swap the intake cam too. The Hotcam stage 1 intake cam adds some very nice low end grunt. I have that cam plus a Yam OEM YZ exhaust cam, and it works very well. With the stock WR intake cam, the low & mid range power is sort of poochey. When you consider that a WR is that sort of bike which you would ride using more of the low & mid power (not moto style with upper revs), this cam combination makes sense.

Good luck with it and hope this helps.

Thanks for the reply, BazookaJoe

Like i said earlier, I've had a couple of WR's in the past and I've put stage 1 exhaust cams in both of them and it really seems to help in the bottom end. So i thought i might install an intake and a exhaust cam in this 09 that i just picked up to see if it would really be the perfect combination, and from what your saying it sounds like this is the way to go.

I'll give it a try and will let you know. Thanks again.